23. Liquor

CHAPTER 23
Ilaria de Luca

"Woah- why does Marcus have to get me home? Where are you going?" I ask and the girls snicker.

"Is this your mom?" the raven haired girl asks.

"She's hot," the guy approvingly nods.

"No, shut up," he smiles before shaking his head. "Just go wait in the car or something," he waves her off.

"What," she scoffs. "Should we leave you with your preppy little princess," she fakes a little smile.

The blond laughs, and courtesies mockingly. I feel Naomi ready to stand up but I stop her.

"I'm going to a friend's house," he says to me and looks over at Marcus. "You remember Jamie right?" he asks and Marcus nods. "Actually, you should come. She'll want to see you."

She.

"He knows Jamie?" the raven haired girl asks and Mattia nods. "Yeah, he should definitely come," she smirks.

"Jamie?" Naomi asks. "As in Jamie I-broke-into-my-own-house-and-got-arrested?" she almost laughs.

"Yeah," the guy laughs. "That Jamie."

"Can we go now?" the blond asks, hooking her arm around Mattia's and the raven haired girl's.

She pulls them with her and I watch as he says something to the blond. She laughs and he shrugs his shoulders.

I watch them leave, the guy following behind.

He looked so much happier when they showed up.

More relaxed and comfortable.

An hour later April and Kane left. Naomi walked them out to thank them, leaving Marcus and I behind.

"Don't think too much about it," Marcus says as we head back into the club. "Those are his type of friends. He doesn't like this. It's too..." he slowly trails off. "It's just not his 'style'."

"Oh," I softly say, looking down. "So he didn't have fun at all tonight then?" I ask as we get back to our table.

We sit down and he looks hesitant to answer me. Angelo and Naomi comes back and I slowly nod – understanding.

"Don't answer then," I shake my head, feeling my heart sink.

I tried to include him, didn't I?

"I didn't mean-"

"No, it's okay. We all prefer different things. And people. At least I know now," I half smile.

"So we're all going to Jamie right," Angelo excitedly asks and I roll my eyes. "What... did I miss?" he asks and I shake my head.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing."

We stayed for a few minutes before going over to Jamie's house.

In the car Marcus told me that we're only going because Jamie was secretly planning something for Naomi.

Naomi hasn't seen Jamie in a while so it'll be really cute to see her reaction. She thinks that we're just going to visit but in reality Jamie has a whole party planned.

"Look, I'll take you home as soon as you want but can we please just stay till they bring out the cake?" he innocently asks and I can't help but smile.

"Sure," I nod and a big smile grows on his face.

We get to the house and it's completely dead except the lights that are on in the kitchen.

It was a beautiful modern, brick house. Gray in color I'm guessing since it's dark out.