40. Room service

AN: please, i need y'all to read it until the very end of the chaper. it does not go in the direction you think.

CHAPTER 40
Ilaria de Luca

Looking back, I see Mattia still fast asleep on our bed.

I shift my eyes to the glass on the nightstand. I see some powder of the sleeping tablet left in the glass of water I gave him.

He needs to rest.

I lift my watch, looking at the time.

02:34 a.m.

With one final glance back at him I quietly close the bedroom door, making my way downstairs.

I made sure to lock the front door before making my way down the hall and to the elevator with my bag on my back.

I stepped into the elevator, my heart aching in my chest.

It all happened so fast.

We had just gotten home from the party, we laid on the couch together, he carried me to our bedroom where we sat and talked – laughing and enjoying each other's company.

And then the nightmare occured.

I stepped out of the elevator, seeing my parents get out of the car.

They rushed towards me and my mother immediately wrapped her arms around me. My father stepped around us but I stopped him, shaking my head.

"You can be protective later. Can I just have the compassionate version of you now?" I ask, letting go of my mother.

I could see the anger in his body language but his eyes held sorrow.

He hugged me until I was ready to let go.

I hadn't told them what happened. I called my mother, asking if she could pick me up and obviously my father wouldn't let her drive by herself this time of night.

My mother said she could hear panic and fear in my voice. My father assumed that it had something to do with Mattia.

And even though he was right, I didn't confirm his thoughts.

We got into the car and my mom sat with me in the back, holding my hand as her eyes pleaded for me to tell her what's going on.

But I couldn't.

I assured them that Mattia and I were fine. He didn't hurt me.

After we got to my parents house we headed inside and while my father was distracted I casted my mother a look and she knew exactly what I needed her to know.

Her face turned sympathetic and I quickly brushed a tear, focusing my attention back on my father who had started talking to me.

He pleaded for me to tell him what happened or at least let him go back to the apartment to get Mattia to speak to him but I refused.

After my mother got him off of my case her and I sat down in the living room for a much needed conversation.

___

With a deep breath in I knock on the door, clutching my coat in my hands.

The front door opened, revealing a blonde with a cigarette between her lips.