30. Unfolding

CHAPTER 30
Ilaria de Luca

[TW: MENTIONS OF SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND SEXUAL HARASSMEMT]

As soon as we got to the house we went to our own rooms so that he could get changed.

I walked towards Autumn's tank, opening it.

"Hey, pretty girl," I smile as I gently pick her up. "Has Angelo been taking good care of you?" I ask, looking down to see her tank clean and her bowl filled with water.

I hold her for a little while as I give her a short little update on why I've been gone. She hisses, flicking her tongue out as she slithers up my arm and around my neck.

"I know, I know," I sigh. "You're mad at me for leaving you and now you want to choke me," I humorously say and she slithers up to my head, through my hair.

She comes back down and rests her head on my chest.

"I missed you too," I softly chuckle, gently running the back of my four fingers down her scales.

As I lower Autumn back into her cage my bedroom door opens and I whip around with a smile.

"Already-"

"Finally!" Marcus groans as he rushes towards me, lifting me into the air and I can't contain my laughter as we both come crashing down on my bed. "I missed you," he smiles, trapping me underneath his entire body.

"I missed you, but I- I can't breathe," I choke out and he places both hands on either side of my head and he lifts himself just a little.

"Sorry," he smiles and I take a deep breath in.

"Are you going to get off me?" I ask, and he shakes his head.

"Nope."

I roll my eyes, still smiling. "I didn't know you were here."

"Naomi is downstairs too. Her and I came over a lot more since Angelo was so lonely without his big sister," Marcus teases and I can't help but laugh.

"Yeah?" I ask and he nods.

"He was all gloom and doom. Needed some cheering up."

"Sure," I laugh, gently pushing him back and he falls down next to me.

"You know, I slept in this room every night. Missed you so much," he casually says and my head snaps to him. "I'm kidding," he laughs, propping himself up on his elbow. "You know I'll only sleep in this bed if you're on top of me," he teases and I softly groan.

"Don't remind me," I shake my head. "You're not comfortable at all, just by the way."

"And yet you slept all through the night," he grins and I pause in thought.

"I blame it on the alcohol."

"You barely had an entire beer," he defensively shoots back and I laugh, shaking my head at him.

"Fine," I shrug my shoulders. "Maybe you were comfortable," I admit and he arrogantly smiles.

"Of course I was," he says as the bedroom door opens.

I watch as Mattia walks in, not sparing Marcus a glance as he leans against the wall next to my bedroom door.

He looks annoyed and I sigh, looking down at Marcus. The two of us share a knowing smile and he gets up.

Marcus leaves, closing the door behind himself.

"What was that?" I ask as he walks towards me.

"Nothing," he rolls his eyes as he stands between my legs, taking my face in his hands. He leans down to kiss me softly and I nod, letting it go for now.