chapter 3

A battle between two
____

The fire wasn't even at its full potential, yet a quarter of the city was already gone.

Red son began blasting fire from his hands at anything he saw. He managed to kill quite a few citizens already. People started screaming and crying, evacuating the area in distress.

The fire was spreading madly, about 6 buildings went down in 10 minutes. Streets were destroyed, cars started crashing, trees began to wipe out, screaming could be heard, it was almost magical. Red son danced through the city, creating lovely looking orbs of fire.

"How delightful! It's nice, being able to take your frustration and anger out on something useless to you."

Red son shrugged and continued sending waves of flames to buildings. Mk watched as the city slowely died, the demon prince in the core center of the chaos.

"There's absolutely no way Red sons only using his everyday fire. His everyday fire can't do this in such a short amount of time. I know the fire of samahdi when I see it." Mk looked up to see Red son hurling a hurricane of flames straight in his direction.

Because of reflex training with the Monkie king, Mk acted fast. He launched himself into the air with his staff and began hopping away.

"YOU STUPID NOODLE BRAIN! DONT RUN AWAY JUST YET, YOU COWARD! FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN!"

"Red son has officially gone off the deep end." Mk grinned nervously as he made it to the ground again. At a safe enough distance, he turned back. What once was a familiar street in the city, was now a warzone. Mk huffed as he backed away slowly, thinking fast. This was too big of a task for him to handle alone. He had to get help, and quickly.

With that, he ran.

----

Mk burst through the door to Pigsy's noodles.

"Hi Mk! How are y-" Sandy started, but was quickly interrupted.

"GUYS! we have a HUGE problem.."

The fire hadn't spread to the part of the city that pigsy's was located, so everybody was clueless. "Red son's going insane, half of the city is destroyed omg omg wereallgonnadiethisisit-"

CRASH! went a bowl of noodles against the wall next to Mk's head. Mk stopped babbling and turned to Mei. Moe the cat shrieked and hid under a couch.

"Mk, chill out man! What's going on?" Mei hopped over the counter and put her hands on Mk's shoulders. "Go see for yourself! It's nuts out there! The samahdi fire is back! Red son turned into a phycopath! It's wild, Mei!" Mk yanked on his hair as he fell to the floor, wailing from anxiety.

"Dude, your dramatic. It's probably not even that bad!" Mei opens the door and takes a step outside. She walked into the middle of the street and faced Pigsy's noodles, taunting the others inside.

"TOLD YA! NOT EVEN BAD!" she yelled back. As she did, a swarm of fire shoots over her, not even 15 feet away. Her face explained how quickly she changed her mind. Pigsy, Tang, and Sandy rushed outside, Mk following behind.

There was Red son, walking calmly as mountains of flames built up behind him. Smoke spilt into the air as Red son smiled, his white eyes glowing brightly.

"I... guess the fire reached this street..?" Mk chuckled.

"Holy fuck. What happened to Red son?" Mei shivered, backing away.

"Should we just ditch this and go get Monkie king? He might know what do do." Mk asked sheepishly, tucking his staff behind his back.

"For real? That doesn't sound like you one bit. We get out there, and we try our best." Pigsy said, glaring at Mk. Pigsy was right, Mk was being foolish.