chapter 9

An Unfamiliar place
______

Red woke up in a room.

"Where am I? What happened?" Was all he could think of. His heart was racing as he looked around the room he was in. The room had posters all over the walls, a cluttered desk with a computer, figurines on the shelves, and lots of comic books.

Where the hell was he?

Red son tried his hardest to piece two and two together. Last thing he remembered, he was locked in his room, Zora was destroyed, and Red son was crying. Did that happen yesterday? The day before?

Red son looked down to see that his arms were wrapped in cloth. He stared blankly, and realized that he was wearing shorts, no shirt, and his chest was covered in bandages. At least that explained why he was freezing.

Ok, this was getting odd.

Red son desperately tried to remember anything at all that might be the reason for him being where he was right now. That's when snippets of the events came back to him.

"Ohhh... OHH NO..." Red stared at his hands.

"I'm fucked." Was all he could think.

He remebered his parents, who we're probably furious because he wasn't at the palace. Wait, the palace was probably recked. Another reason for him to be in deep shit. Red son needed to get out of this room. He doesn't know where he is, or who brought him here, but he had to leave. He had to get back to his parents, because he knew that they would be looking for him eventually.

Red lifted himself off the bed, only to fall to the floor from the pain in his body. He saw that his leg was wrapped tightly in some sort of cast. What was that from again..?

Flashes of his injuries came back to him as he bit his nails in frustration.

Hold on, hold on.. How was he even alive?! He was stabbed in the shoulder, back, shot in the leg, and god knows what else. And if those didn't kill him, then he surely should have died of blood loss.

Awesome. He was completely fine with death, but of course he had to live. Now he had to carry on with his parents, loneliness, being evil, battles with Monkie kid-

Not Monkie kid. Mk. His name was Mk. The though of Mk made Red son slightly smile. He remembered how he lay in Mk's arms, practically dying as Mk held him close. He didn't want to admit it, but he liked being held like that. Red looked down, his face turning slightly red.

No! Nope! No. Mk is your sworn enemy. You can't be giggling and blushing over that shit. In fact, you hate his guts. He sucks! You know what, forget it.

Red son groaned and tilted his head back, accidentally hitting his head on the bed frame."Ow! Fuck!" Red son groaned once more.

He sat on the floor and tucked his face into his knees. He couldn't remember everything, yet he knew that damage has been done. What he does in fact know is that he Practically got Monkie kids whole team killed, destroyed the city, and dissapointed his parents. He doesn't know how, he only knows why.

Stupid Mk! He had to come in and save his life, and now Red had to deal with recovery, his parents, and all the other shit that bugged him.

"God, fuck my life." Was all he though as he tapped his foot on the floor. Suddenly, the door to the room opened.

Red jumped back and hit a dresser. A picture frame fell off the shelf and shattered on the floor. Red son stared blankly at the shattered glass, frozen in shock.

The person who entered the room was Mk, carrying a stack of comics. He saw Red son on the floor, glass surrounding him. Mk dropped his beloved books in shock.