chapter 4

Chances are low
______

With everyone in the van, Sandy sped off. 

And you know what? Red son let them. Let them run, they can go pretty far. He knew the Monkie kid would come back.

They couldn't fight Red son without someone with more experience, he's too powerful for the team to handle. Mk usually could make Red son trip and fall and boom-boom, victory. But this wasn't the case, unfortunately.

----

Mk woke up with a start. He looked around the room, but nothing seemed familiar. Then he realized his vision wasn't doing him justice. How did that happen again..? Mk tried to remember what happened to him, but couldn't seem to grasp onto anything familiar. then it hit him. Red son, the city, the samahdi fire, his injuries.. 

So this wasnt good.

Mk lifted himself off the ground only to stumble and face plant on to the floor, pain struck him around his back.

"Woah woah woah! Hey Mk, stay where you are and don't move." Tang jumped from where he was sitting and rushed over to help him from the floor. Mk attempted to ask what's going on, but only heard muffled talking followed by pain, "Don't try to speak just yet, your face needs just a littleee more time to heal." Tang said while sitting Mk against the wall.

Wow, his face must have been burnt badly, huh?

Mk began touching his face, finding out that he covered in bandages. That's a surprise, he thought he didn't get badly injured, but that's just him. Mk's vision became clear as he looked around the room, from what he can tell, he's in the van. And from what he can see, he's not the only one who was wounded. 

Mei didn't look so hot. She looked as is she were dead, but Mk was guessing that she was only asleep. Her shoulders and hands were covered in bandages as she lay next to a wall. From what Mk can see of Tang, he had small Burns on the left side of his face and arms, along with cracked glasses.

"Mei! Get up, your pal is awake!" Tang called to another corner of the van, which woke her up. Her gaze met Mks and her eyes lit up. 

"Mk! Your awake!" She beamed as she attempted to stand, stumbling as she crashed into the wall and hit the floor.

Mk couldn't help but laugh, although he ended up hurting his whole face in the process. Mei chuckled and scooted over to Mk, putting her arms around him. "Oh! thank goodness your awake! Your injuries looked so bad, I though you were dead!" She squeezed him tight, nearly choking him. Tang pushed up his glasses and sighed.

"Mei, your so dramatic. He wasn't going to die, thanks to Sandy. We were pretty lucky, Mk was only out for a day." Tang said to her, shaking his head. Mk stopped and blinked. 

Its been a day? But what about the city? It must be completely destroyed by now. How many people have died?

Mk couldn't just leave the city for Red to demolish, But he was in no shape to fight. How would he be able to save the city and stop Red son if he's injured? How many people lost their lives because of him? Would he even be able to stop Red son, or would he die trying?

Tang almost immediately noticed Mk freaking out. It was easy to tell. Tang ruffled his hair and put his arm around the boy. 

"Listen, I know your probably, like really worried about this whole thing, but we'll get it figured out. Even though your eye isn't looking.. The best.. Your burns are healing! We might be able to speed up the healing process by a landslide, thanks to Sandy over there. He treated your wounds and they seem to be getting better really quickly. Mei is fine (mostly) and I'm all good! (other than that huge burn on my back but we WILL ignore that) But we're going to be just fine!" Tang smiled and patted him on the head.