Chapter 8

A battle ment for two

______

"Mk, your so slow! Keep up!" Mei laughed as Mk stopped to catch his breath. "Dude, slow down! My back hurts like shit, Mei!" He chuckled and Mei shrugged. "Ugh, Red son could be any where in this dump. I don't even know if he's in the city anymore." Mk sighed as he kept his pace behind Mei.

Meanwhile, Red son sat on a roof top, flames building behind him. He burned down an office building, because what else was he going to do? As he sat there, he thought. 

Was this even worth it?

Maybe he should've just accepted the fact that life wasn't fair. All this time, him burning down the city and even his own home, he thought he finally won. Yet, Red thought. Did he really win?

Suddenly, Red heard laughter from below him. He looked down to find the Monkie kid and the Horse girl, running through the street like children.

Just in time!

What was he thinking? He was definantly winning, how couldn't he be? All of his anger and hate devoured what was left of his inner peace as he swiftly jumped from the building.

Mei and Mk were running along the street when suddenly, an explosion threw them off. As clouds of smoke began to clear, they saw a pair of white glowing eyes. The figure stepped forward and there was Red son.

"Dragon girl! Monkie boy! You finally made it! I was really getting bored, having nothing to do in this hopeless city." Red son sang, grinning slyly. 

"Alright Mei, you remember the plan?"

"Sure do!" 

The two made a bolt for Red son, weapons in hand. Red smiled as his white eyes lit up his face.

"Let's see how quick this will be, hm?"

Red son dodged both of their attacks with ease. Mei shot a ray of electricity from her sword, coming quite close to hitting the demon. As Mk attempted to jump him again, Red son grabbed him by the ankle and threw him into Mei. The two crashed into the street, landing on one another.

"Mk, get off of me!" 

"I am! Jeez!"

Red son lit a flame from his fingertip as Mei and Mk quickly got off of one another. Red son shaped the flame into a small dart, the same dart that pierced through Mk's face.

"So how's your eye doing, noodle boy?"

"It's doing great, thanks for asking!" Mk said proudly, forgetting that he was now practically blind in one eye and had a face covered in burns.

Red son rolled his eyes and began blasting the small darts from his finger tips. Mk and Mei dodged practically all of them as they ran towards Red son. Mei swung her sword at the demon, Red dodging all of her attacks. Mk sprang into the air and managed to kick him in the jaw, shattering his already cracked glasses. Red son fell back, feeling blood rush from his mouth. He grinned and sprang towards Mk, laughing like a maniac.

Mk ducked as Red son flew towards him, only to end up being aggressively thrown into another building. Mk crashed into a window, feeling like his back just broke a second time in the past 2 days. Glass shattered around him as tried to process what just happened.

He lay there for a second, feeling nothing but pain and agony. He should probably get that checked out after this.

Mei huffed and sprang towards the prince. Using her sword, she shot a small wave of energy towards him. Not having enough reaction time to fully dodge the attack, it shot right through his leg. He yelled in pain and stumbled, yet managed to stay on his feet. When he looked at his leg, he froze.