The memories from Grom

~———~

Eda dug through a box of her old stuff from when she went to Hexside. She found the outfit she wore to grom. A smile spread across her face, remembering what happened that day. Soon, her smile fell, wishing she forgot everything from the night, from her having to go up against her fear to having a small fight with Lilith. She put the outfit down.
"God Raine... Hopefully you're alright..." she mumbled to herself. Tears began to fill her eyes, blurring her vision. Someone then popped their head in the room. Luz. Eda quickly wiped her tears away and turned to face Luz.
"Hey kid, what's up?" Eda forced a smile. Luz walked up to the box and sat next to Eda.
"I wanna look through your old stuff with you!" Luz gave a kind smile Eda's way. Eda turned her attention back to the box.
"Fine kid, just... if I put anything down beside me, don't try look at it," Eda nudged Luz in the side playfully. Luz nodded as a response. Eda pick up a photo from her night at grom. The photo had Raine and Eda in the front, both with grom crowns on their heads. There were a few people behind the two, Lilith, Darius and Alador. There were others, but those five could be seen the best. Eda put the photo down beside her, the memories flooding back. Luz noticed Eda had stopped looking so turned back to face her, seeing her with the photo in her hands again, tears forming, yet still smiling. Luz crept closer to sneak a peek at the photo. Eda pulled the photo out of sight, quickly wiping her eyes.
"Let's get back to this kid," Eda forced a smile. The two went back to looking when Luz came across a grom crown.
"Eda, were you grom queen once?" Luz titled her head to Eda. Eda only nodded, taking the crown and placing it with the outfit and photo.
"We don't talk about that night though, alright kid?" Eda looked Luz dead in the eyes. Luz nodded, turning her attention back to the box. Eda found her old Hexside uniform, her old detention notes, her old grudgby outfit and some other things before finding her old penstgram. She chuckled, picking it up and logging in. The first photo was a pinned one with Raine, Darius, Alador and her in their grom clothes. She scrolled further and eventually came across a picture taken the day she met Raine at the 'I.F.W.O.T.' or 'H.E.C.K' as it was called that year. It showed Eda holding up a grudgby ball, Raine a blur in the background. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes once again. She quickly wiped them and threw the scroll with the other things she found.

After a few hours, the two were at the bottom of the box, things scattered across the floor. This last thing was a bunch of undying roses that Raine got Eda on the night of grom. Eda finally broke. She began to cry at the mere thought of that one night. Luz went up and hugged her, Eda accepting it quickly. Two others then walked in and ran over. These two were King and Lilith. Eda pushed everyone off and ran to her room.

Eda ran, but never reached her room as there came a knock at the door. She went to check who it was. To both her surprise and dismay, Raine Whispers stood before her.
"R-Rainestorm..." Eda's voice still sounded broken where she was crying, but you could hear happiness in it as well. "Raine!" She ran up and jumped into Raine's arms. Raine quickly wrapped their arms around Eda's chest.
"Hello Eda," you could hear the smile in their voice. Eda pulled out of the embrace and looked her ex-partner in the eyes.
"H-How did you-" she was about to ask, but got interrupted by three others running in.
"Edalyn! Who's-?" Lilith stopped in her tracks at the sight of Raine. "Raine Whispers." Raine gave the blue-haired woman a glare.
"Lilith," their voice came out cold.
"Drama," Luz smirked, trying to break the tension. Her attempt failed. Raine walked up to Lilith and slapped her.
"Why are you staying with Eda?" Raine's voice remained cold. Eda walked over and tried her best to pull Raine back.
"Why are you here head witch?" Lilith gave Raine a distant glare. Eda was now stood between the two.
"Raine, Lilith has changed. She's on our side now," Eda looked at Raine with a small smile.
"Exactly. That still doesn't explain why you're even now. Don't you have head witch duties to do?" Lilith still stared at Raine. Raine stared back.
"I do not as a matter of fact. For why I am here, is it illegal to step down as head witch?" Raine gave Eda a small smile. Eda smiled back. She hadn't see Raine act like this since grom. It kind of scared her.
"They allowed you to step down?" Lilith was shocked. Raine shook their head, knowing the answer would be an obvious no. The three stood there in uncomfortable silence, which was broken by Luz walking out with King on her head.
"Oh Titan kid!" Eda yelled to Luz, chasing her. Raine and Lilith laughed.
"Fine bard, I'll believe you, but if you do anything to hurt her then you'll have to deal with the owl beast," Lilith gave Raine a threatening smile before running off after her sister.
~———~
I hate this but eh