Performance- Young Raeda

~———~
Raine paced back to fourth back stage, their breath quickening. Eda stood up and stopped her friend.
"Raine, are you alright?" Eda asked sounding concerned. Raine shook their head, falling into Eda's chest.
"We'll do great, don't worry Rainestorm," Eda rubbed Raine's back. "If we don't win, then we will know we tried. Plus, you and I have practiced for weeks!" Raine lifted their head, giving Eda a warm smile.
"It wasn't fully that, but that made me feel better," Raine walked to the door. "Now let's go." Eda walked up to Raine, grabbing their hand. Raine's cheeks went a light red, but they still smiled.

"Welcome everyone to Hexsides first ever what the humans call a talent show!" Principal Bump said into his mic. Lilith was sat in the front row with Alador and Odalia. The crowd of students clapped and cheered. Lilith fiddled with her fingers, not listening to what Principle Bump was saying, well until the last part.
"Up first, we have Darius Deamonne from the abomination track!" Bumb stepped aside, letting Darius step up. Everyone clapped at the young teenage boy. Odalia had a smug look on her face, now looking to face the older Clawthorne.
"What do you want Odalia?" Lilith whispered. Odalia only looked away.
"For my friend to win Clawthorne," she whispered back.

A few other people had went up, meaning Raine and Eda weren't far from going up.
"I-I don't think I can do it Eda," Raine was panicking. This was one of their first performances after all, so Eda didn't blame them.
"Raine, we'll do great. You'll do great," Eda smiled. Raine looked at Eda.
"W-What if I screw up? What if I freeze up? What if-?" Raine began to rant. Eda put her hand on their shoulder, put hers and Raines instruments down and took hold of their hand.
"Don't worry. If it helps, close your eyes, or maybe stop playing when I start? I can carry it all if I have to," Eda gave Raine a warm, comforting smile. Raine squeezed Eda's hand tight. Eda put the instruments off to the side and walked over with Raine. The place where they now stood was dark, but Eda and Raine could see each other clearly. Eda lifted Raine's chin up and kissed their cheek.
"You'll do great," Eda could see how red she had made Raine. She let out a snort.
"What a wonderful show, now next up, we have Raine Whispers from the bard track and Edalyn Clawthorne from the potions track!" Bump called out. The two grabbed their instruments and walked onto the stage, greeted by an applause and a load of cheers. Raine took a deep breath and followed Eda's advice by squeezing their eyes shut tight. They got into position, Eda looking out over the crowd to find her sister, who she found almost instantly. She waved a little and then got into position herself. Raine started the two off, quietly humming the tune to themselves as to not screw up the timing. Eda soon joined in, playing her part. The song was not long, but still sounded amazing. Raine still played their part perfectly, despite having their eyes shut so tightly. Eda was looking at Raine the whole time, waiting to see if they were alright. The two finished and walked off stage, earning more cheers and claps from the crowd. Bumb continued to talk and allowed the next person to come on.

Raine let out a sigh of relief once the two hand exited the stage. Eda pulled Raine in, spinning them around in her arms.
"That was amazing! You were amazing!" Eda chuckled. Raine smiled.
"Says you, you told me to do those things if I got too nervous!" Raine chuckled. The two shared that warm hug for a while, their foreheads touching.
"I love you Rainestorm," Eda smiled.
"I love you too my owlet," Raine said. The two went back to the comfortable silence for a while before walking out of the school.
~———~