Coffee and Sorry

I woke up, sleeping extremely close to Dallas, I didn't feel uncomfortable, just surprised. I knew he wasn't making a pass at me or anything, just sleeping I guess.

"Q?" he looked down at me, who was practically hugging him from a horizontal position. "Hmm?'' I hummed, still having my arms around him. "What happened last night?" he asked, leaning back down on the pillow. "As i said, things got too heated.'' I mumbled. "He didn't hit you did he?" Dallas looked down at me again. "No.'' I answered. I heard him mumble a 'good' then fell back asleep.

I left a couple minutes ago from the bar, Dallas was still sleeping. I didn't really want to take up all his time, he probably had friends he hung out with. Not just me. Besides, my mom and I should really talk more.

I got two coffee's from a cafe that was open on the street I was walking on. I had little money on me, so I just got two straight black coffee's and put the sugar stuff in them to make it sweeter. I had no actual clue what I was doing, I just wanted it to seem like an apology.

I walked through the doors to my house, being brought with the aroma of Leather and Mint. My mom always said my dad and I made the house smell like that because of the amount of leather jackets we owned. And my dad's cologne he wore. I just laughed at it now.

I set the two coffee's on the table and walked around the house to her office. She was writing about something. I knocked on the door frame and she looked up at me with a grand smile. I think I have her smile.

"I wanna talk about something," she grabbed my hand and drug me to the kitchen table where she saw the two coffee's. "You get these?" She picked one up and took a sip from it. I nodded and sat down. I had a feeling this was going to be a touchy conversation.

"Now, i know you and Matt dislike each other somethin' terrible. But, we have a wedding date set. It isn't soon, but I just want you to know about it." she put her hands over mine and held them as if i was going to run away. "Okay. but i just want you to know ma, i'm not going to go to the ceremony. Ill end up laughing or something because Matt's hair looks stupid or something." i laughed, and so did she. She also nodded understandingly.

"I didn't expect you to.'' She looked down and smiled. "I was just thinking, Matt told me you had a couple friends you met. If one is willing to go to the reception with you, they can. But i'd prefer it to be a boy, you don't want your aunts to be getting' the wrong idea ya know. Although if you are," she cleared her throat. "Id still love you. You know that right?" she asked me. I nodded.

"Anyways. I was thinkin' maybe in the next weekend or two, you and I could go shopping for dresses. Well, mostly you. I already have mine." she explained. I wasn't too fond of wearing a dress, I never had been. I'd be doing it for her. "Okay, i'll let this one time slide.'' I said with a smile.

My mom went back to work and I was doing stuff in my room, the rock music in the background being quieter than usual. Just then, the phone rang loudly. My mom shouted for me to get it, so I did.

"Hello?" I asked, my tone becoming deeper as it echoed through the phone.

"Hi! This is Quinn right?" I recognized that voice immediately.

"Sure is Cherry." I smiled into the phone. God, I felt like a little kid.

"So, I'm free tonight, and I was hoping you were. Maybe we could catch dinner tonight? Maybe get to know each other a little better?" she giggled through the phone.

"Yeah for sure, Cherry. Could I find a time and place to meet ya?" i asked.

She said she would meet me somewhere in the south side of town at 7:30, I agreed and put the phone up when she hung up. I looked around me to make sure if anybody was looking at me, which they weren't. I spun around like a little kid, giggling to myself and doing some weird ass movement to my room

I had to keep reminding myself that this was just dinner, not a litterial date. I mean it could be, but i'd like to think about the worst case scenario.

The phone rang again, I answered it because my mother couldn't. I didn't mind.

"Hello?" I sounded kind of annoyed.

"Hi. I'm calling from school. Ponyboy and I are going to study at his place for a bit after school. I'll give you the address since Joyce and Dad are probably going to have you pick me up since they are freaks about safety.'' I heard Chris's voice from the other end of the line.

"Okay. what time?"

"6?"

I agreed and she gave me the addresses and said goodbye and shit while I just hung up the phone and stuffed the address in my pocket.

It was three thirty, so I decided it was a good time to take a shower. And partially get ready for the place i was going.

It was around 5:30 when i was done getting dressed and doing my hair and stuff. I didn't do any of the fancy shit, just the natural curly hair that I inherited from my dad. My hair would litterialy be down to my ass if it didn't have a tight curl to it.

I had a white button up on, leaving a few buttons at the top unbuttoned like I usually did. Nicer blue jeans than I usually wore with my belt. I topped it off with the nicer leather jacket I had, and with some silver jewelry to match the cold undertone I had with my skin.

I walked out the door, heading to the address Chris gave me. I didn't think it would take that long to walk, but it did. I walked for about twenty minutes until I actually got to the door. 

Like, comment, share!

-Via