Emotional After Years

It's been two years since my mom got married, two years since I met the absolute wonderful man of my life. Besides my father of course, he'll always be number one.

I had gotten closer with Dallas' friends over the past years. I couldn't tell you my favorites, I love them all. They're probably the best group of friends I will have in my entire life. Which is saying a lot, I loved my friends back in Nevada.

I got accepted into the Navy, of course. I had to be at the airport at 9 in the evening to get to California. Which was stupid in my opinion, but my mom booked it. So I couldn't have expected much.

I was at the Curtis house right now. Johnny and I were in an intense game of Poker with Two Bit, but Two had a terrible poker face. Dallas, Steve, Darry and Ponyboy had all got out. I was pretty certain I was going to win.

"Fold." Johnny told me. I had a straight flush, I was going to win. I set my cards down on the table and leaned back with a smile on my face. "Goddamn it." Johnny threw down a straight and Two Bit threw down two pairs. "I let you win." Johnny defended, pushing the two cigarettes my way. "Johnny, just admit that you can't beat me." I smiled, putting the cigarettes in my box.

"I'm sure gonna miss these games when you're gone man." Johnny said, throwing his cards on the table. It made me sad to think about that. He and I had only known each other for two years, but he's really grown on me. He's like a brother. "I will too." i threw my cards down also.

"I think we're all gonna miss her, Johnny." Darry said from the kitchen, which made us all laugh. Thinking about going to school, it made me question things. I had a slight chance of not coming back, but that's okay. I think if I disappeared right now, I would be okay with what I lived with. I mean, what more could a girl ask for.

"Don't you wanna spend time with your Mom?" Steve asked. I shook my head no. My mother and I had been extremely distant from each other the past year and a half. When we would pass each other in the house, or in a store or something, we would act like complete strangers. I partially blame Matt for that, he's too over protective of her.

It was getting late, and it was a 30 minute drive to the airport. I got up from my seat at the table and walked over to Darry who was in his chair. I handed him a small box that contained letters for each of the gang in case they missed me. They would.

"Uhm. you can open it when i leave. It's just for fun." I said with a smile. He took the box and nodded while getting up. He pulled me in for a hug and I hugged him back. Tears brimmed my eyes, I'd never think I'd miss anybody as I'd miss this group of friends.

Darry pulled away from me and gave me a smile. "I hope you do well, kid." he gave me a pat on the back. I just smiled.

I gave the rest of the gang hugs and goodbyes, Steve was a little dramatic, knowing I would probably see his dad there. "Don't cause any problems, will ya?" he laughed. "No promises Stevo." I laughed. Steve and I had known each other the longest. Him and Dallas were going to be the hardest ones to say goodbye to.

Dallas and I walked out to my car that had a singular bag in it. I took one last look at the house before getting into my car, on the passenger side. Dallas had talked me into letting him drive a lot. It pissed me off sometimes.

"I'm gonna miss the fuck out of ya." Dallas told me about ten minutes down the road. "I'm gonna miss you too." I said, grabbing his hand that wasn't on the steering wheel. "Just promise me you wont do anything stupid?" he looked at me. I rolled my eyes at him. "I promise, i wont do anything stupid.'' I kicked my feet on the dashboard and continued to the airport.

When we got there, I got my bag out of the backseat and walked into the building with Dallas by my side. I got my ticket and waited by the loading gate, holding Dallas' hand the entire time. He wouldn't let go of my goddamn hand until he had to.

He pulled me in for a bone crushing hug. I did the same thing. I couldn't hold back the tears that were going to fall. I let them fall right onto the leather he was wearing. "I love you.'' I said just above a whisper. He let out a light laugh, "Love you too, Q." he said in a sad but laughing manner.

"What if I just, don't let go?" he mumbled into my neck. I hugged him harder. "Then I'll miss my flight." I answered. He pulled back and looked me in the eyes, both of our glossy. He brought his lips to mine, I wanted it to last forever.

"I'll be back in December man. Stop being dramatic." I sighed and pulled back from the hug. "Yeah whatever. You better be." He pointed a finger at me. I gave him one last kiss on the cheek and then I was off. Maybe never returning.

I would count on returning though. I had too much to lose. 

---

DONT STOP READING, THERES MORE.

-via