Father's Day

Father's Day
•Karl Jacobs•

I wrote something like this in one of my other books last year and I wanted to write one this year too.
It was a tough decision between Karl and Foolish
(I feel like they would both be amazing dads- just imagine it)
Also. I know I've been writing ones like these a lot recently I'm so sorry

 I know I've been writing ones like these a lot recently I'm so sorry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV

"It was nice spending time with my family today," Karl says, putting on his pajama shirt.

"It was," I say giving him a hug.

"Now it's time for cuddles," He says smiling, waddling us towards the bed.

"Not yet, I have something for you," I say wiggling out of his grasp.

"Huh?".

"Hold on".

I walk over to my nightstand and open the drawer. I pull out the tiny bag with the positive pregnancy test and baby onesie inside.

"I'm so confused-".

"Just open it," I say with a laugh.

Karl takes out the tissue paper and grabs the onsie.

He looks at me confused.

"There's something else," I say.

He reaches in the bag, pulling out the test.

His eyes widen, the onesie finally made sense. You were pregnant.

He stands there for a few seconds, frozen.

"Karl?," I ask getting nervous. Karl and I never really talked about having kids, so when I found out I was pregnant I was naturally nervous.

"Oh my gosh," He whispers, a smile forming on his face, "Are you serious?".

I nervously nod.

"Oh my gosh I'm gonna be a dad!," He yells, wrapping me a hug. He lifts me from the ground and spins me around before setting me back on the ground with a kiss.

I let out a sigh of relief.

"I can't believe this. Look at the onesie it's so tiny- We have to get more clothes- We have to get toys- So many toys- We have so much to do! Oh my gosh we need to baby proof the house!".

"Karl we don't have to do that yet," I laugh.

He wraps me in another hug. "I love you so much," he says placing a hand on my stomach.

"I love you too".

Time skip

"I hope our baby's a girl," Karl mutters in his sleepy state, wrapping his hands around me as we lay in bed.

"You want a girl?".

"She'll be as pretty as her mommy. Don't get me wrong I would love a boy too, but having a mini you running around would be amazing".

"I hope whatever our baby is, they have your eyes," I mutter as he pulls me into a kiss.

"I hope they have your personality," he responds.

"I hope they have your humor".

"This baby is gonna be so spoiled," he laughs.

"You're just now realizing that?," I chuckle.

Karl runs his fingers through my hair, "Can we tell everyone soon?".

"I can't wait to see their faces when they find out, they've been teasing us about kids for the past two years".

"We have to film it".

"Oh most definitely," I laugh.

He turns on the lamp and grabs the test.

I squint, my eyes adjusting to the light.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm looking at it, I still can't believe all of this is real," he says smiling.

"You do realize I peed on that right?".

His eyes widen before he sets it down carefully on the nightstand and turning the lamp off.

I laugh as I lay my head back on his chest.

"I love you so much, you know that right?.

"You've told me that about 50 times in the past hour Karl," I smile.

"Because it's true".

"I love you too".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy father's day
(It's 2 am on father's day when I'm posting this)

Word count: 631
June 19, 2022