Chapter 4

Trigger warning: brief mention of abuse towards the end

Enjoy <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day was almost over.

We listened to the lecture, and I only had one more class before I could get away from this place.

The day had gone by relatively easy.

That was until I had to go to the bathroom in the middle of my last class.

"You can wait." Mr. Ford said.

"Sir, I really need to go to the restroom." I said.

"I said you will wait." He said rudely.

"Ok, no reason to be a jerk." I mumbled to myself, but of course, he heard.

"What did you just say?" He spat.

"You're kind of mean." I said nonchalantly.

"I am the adult; I can be however I want." He said.

Childish too I see.

A few kids started snickering and whispering to each other while pointing to the Mr. Ford.

Did I say that out loud?

Mr. Ford cleared his throat, making everybody go silent.

"Go to the principal's office now." He said, making me laugh lightly under my breath.

"Yes, sir." I said in a mocking tone as I stood from my desk.

After going to the bathroom, I did what Mr. Ford told me to do, and went to the principal's office

When I got there, I was surprised to see Mr. Thompson, his son, and Greg also there.

"Adeline," Mr. Holding said, "Come sit."

I did what I was told.

"You know it is rude to disrespect adults, correct?" He asked, trying to look scarry.

The scariest thing about him was his receding hairline.

"Yes, sir." I said, thankful that I didn't have to fake a smile anymore.

My face was starting to hurt.

"What you said to Mr. Ford was very disrespectful." He continued, "Did you not learn anything from Mr. Thompson's and Mr. Henderson's speeches?"

That made my jaw clench.

I stayed quiet, not wanting to say something that would put me in more trouble.

"Do you want us to call your parents?" Greg asked suddenly.

"Go ahead," I smiled lightly, "You of all people will know that they won't care."

"Why do you say that?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You know why." I said calmly.

I hated being rude to people, and I know it makes me look like a brat, but I wasn't going to put up with this anymore.

"Does this have something to do with court?" Greg's cocky voice asked.

"You know what it's about." I said casually.

I knew if I didn't give him straight answers it would make him mad, and that was my plan.

If I could get him worked up, and I stayed calm, he would look like the bad guy, and I knew he had a short temper which made it even easier.