Chapter 31

Warning: guns

This chapter is very cringy, so read at your own risk!

Enjoy 😊

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                *Later that day*

I was once again forced to wear a fancy dress.

It wasn't as comfortable as the other one, but this one was fancier.

It was a long, royal blue dress, with lots of layers of lace on the bottom part.

Similar to the last one, it was off the shoulder, but instead of being short in front and long in the back, it was the same length all the way around.

There was a white ribbon around my waist that was tied into a neat bow in the back.

I wore the same extremely high, black strappy heals as last time with my hair done in a very neat ponytail with a braid starting from my hairline on the right side of my head and being tied into the ponytail.

Because I was still so short, the dress dragged across the floor a little, but not enough to ruin it.

I also had a little more make-up on than last time which consisted of light pink eyeshadow with black eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss, and a little blush.

To say the least, I like the last party better.

Speaking of which, Hunter took the staples out of my hand last week.

He told me the stitches were inside of my hand, and they should be all dissolved by now.

The thought of stitches being inside of my completely healed palm made me uncomfortable.

As people started to show up, I went to the kitchen with Chef Ricci, deciding it was better to talk to him than people who worked in the mafia.

After a while, someone entered the kitchen.

I looked over, to see David smirking like usual.

"Adeline, it is so nice to see you again," He said, coming over to me with open arms, "How have you been?"

"Good," I mumbled as he pulled me into an unwanted hug, making me tense, "How are you?"

"I'm fabulous; what are you doing in here?" He asked with his strong Italian accent, "Come, I want you to meet someone."

I gave Chef Ricci a 'help me' look as I was pulled out of the kitchen and into the busy dining room.

As David continued to pull me into the dining room, I realized he had his dagger again.

Ugh, mafia people.

He brought me to the table where two men and a woman were sitting with their backs turned to us.

"Adeline, meet Greg Henderson, and Martha and Scott Smith."

My heart stopped.

As the three people turned around, I saw Mr. Thompson looking at us intently.

It was them.

The people who kidnapped me, abused me, and tried to kill me on multiple occasions along with the 'lawyer' who worked for them.

I thought they were in prison.

"Adeline, it is nice to see you again." Scott said, putting on a fake smile.

Everyone was starting to get quiet and focus on our conversation.

I couldn't speak.

This cannot be happening.