Chapter 14

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I wanted to say thank you for almost 200 reads.

When I started writing this book, I didn't think anyone would actually read this, and I really appreciate everyone who has read it.

That being said, please enjoy this incredible cringy chapter.

Stay safe 😊

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I got back to 'my' room, I saw the same man from yesterday that was standing by the fountain walking down the hall.

"Hello, Mrs. Thompson," He smiled politely, "I'm Winston."

Miss what?

"Hello." I gave him a small smile back, "Can I help you with that?"

He had a massive load of laundry in his hands, and he looked like he could use some help.

"Oh, I'm ok, thank you," The elderly man chuckled, "Have a good night, Mrs. Thompson."

Was my last name actually Thompson now?

"Thank you, you too." I smiled before entering 'my' room and shutting the door behind myself.

"What are you doing?"

I spun around quickly, grabbed the person's wrist almost judo flipped them, and held them against the wall.

After so many years of having to defend yourself, you learn a thing or two.

"Woah," Charlie said, surprised, "I haven't even seen Ace do that one; where did you learn it?"

I quickly let go, backing away.

"I am so sorry," I said quickly, "I didn't mean to do that, it was just reflex; it won't happen again, I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it," He laughed, "It was cool; where did you learn it?"

"I kind of just did it." I said, messing with my ring.

"You came up with that yourself?" He asked sounding kind of shocked, "You have to show Ace."

"Why?" I asked.

"He learned a ton of defense moves in the academy," Charlie said, "The twins and I keep trying to think of one that would work that he doesn't know, but they either don't work, or he already learned them. What you just did, I'm sure he has never seen before."

"Ace, come here!" He yelled out the door.

Soon, Ace, Daxton, and Noah were in 'my' room.

"What's wrong?" Ace asked.

"Adeline has a trick to show you." Charlie smiled ominously.

Daxton and Noah immediately caught on and started smiling the same way Charlie did.

"What is it?" Ace smiled.

I looked at Charlie, not knowing what to do.

"Do it." He whispered, motioning towards me.

Was he crazy?

He expected me to flip a fully grown man that was at least three times my weight, and a foot taller than me?

Yeah, no.

If I did that to him, he would probably kill me.

I shook my head quickly, making Charlie roll his eyes.

"Grab her." He said, making Ace look at him, confused.

"Just grab her, she'll do it if you grab her." He said with a smile.

Wow, he really is crazy.

I quickly took a step back, not wanting Ace to grab me.

"What is it?" Ace asked.

"It's a surprise," Charlie said, "Just grab her."

"Can I?" Ace asked, putting his arm out to grab me.

Before I could answer, Noah pushed him forward, making him quickly grab me, which again, scared me.

This time, instead of judo flipping him, I managed to get out of one of his arms and flip myself backwards over his arm that he was still holding me with, grabbing his other arm in the process, and pulled him over myself, making him fall onto the bed.

"Sorry." I apologized quickly, taking another step away from him.

"That was awesome!" Daxton yelled.

"How did you do that?!" Noah asked.

"That was even better than what you did to me!" Charlie said.

"What in the world did I just watch?" Hunter asked from the doorway.

"Where did you learn that?" Ace asked, seeming a little surprised.

I just shrugged, fiddling with the hair tie on my wrist.

"No, seriously, where did you get that from?" Hunter asked, also sounding kind of impressed, "That was so cool."

"I did it at school one time." I shrugged.

"They taught you that at school?!" Daxton and Noah asked at the same time, still smiling like crazy.

"I just did it one time," I said, "I don't know where it came from."

"That's incredible," Ace said, getting off the bed, "Do you know anything else?"

I nodded a little, which made Noah, Daxton, and Charlie's eyes widen in excitement.

"Can you show us?" All three asked at the same time.

How old are they, 9?

"Show you what?"

We all turned to see Mr. Thompson in the doorway, leaning against the doorframe, with his hands in his pockets.

"Grab Adeline." Noah said.

I took another step back, defiantly not wanting to be grabbed my him.

"Why?" He questioned, keeping his signature blank stare.

"She can do a cool trick." Daxton said.

"We don't have time-" "Just try it." Ace even tried to convince him.

I started to get even more nervous, so I moved back a little more, staying quiet.

Mr. Thompson let out a small sigh at his sons childness and came over to me.

Now I was really scared.

I didn't know if he was going to hurt me if I did it to him, but now I kind of had to.

He grabbed me the same way Ace did, and I did the same thing, flipping myself backwards over his arm and pulling him over me, making him land on his back on the bed.

"I'm really sorry." I said quickly, as Ace, Hunter, Charlie, Daxton, and Noah started laughing.

Mr. Thompson looked at me, actually looking a little surprised.

"Where did you learn that?" He asked, standing up from the bed, making me take yet another step back.

I shrugged lightly, snapping the hair tie against my wrist again.

"She said she came up with it herself." Charlie said, still smiling widely.

"When?" He asked, fixing his blazer that matched the tie around his neck perfectly.

"A few months ago." I mumbled, messing with the ring on my finger.

"Remind me to never get on your bad side." Hunter said jokingly.

"That was very impressive," Mr. Thompson said, "But we have a very important day tomorrow, so all of you need to go to bed."

After everyone left, I locked the door and started getting ready for bed.

Once I was done, I laid in bed, letting the darkness consume me.