Chapter 11

Warning: this chapter is kind of cringy, so please read with caution.

Enjoy <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After about 10 minutes of wandering around the halls upstairs, I found the room Charlie told me was 'mine'.

Shutting the door behind myself, I sat on the edge of the bed, rubbing my face as all the emotions of the day hit me at once.

I knew that if I thought about everything for too long or too much, I would either cry, have a mental breakdown, a panic attack, overthink everything, or all four.

Most likely all four.

Thankfully before anything happened, I was pulled out of my thoughts by a knock on the door.

I said a quiet 'come in,' before the door opened, reviling Hunter who smiled, shut the door, and sat next to me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked with a smile.

"Tired." I said with a small smile.

"It's been a long day," He said in agreement, "And I'm sure all that anxiety hasn't helped. Would you mind if I take a look at the stitches and your shoulder?"

I rolled up my right sleeve, reviling the scar on my forearm.

"You took them out yourself?" He asked, running his fingers over it.

"Yeah." I said quietly, hearing him half laugh half sigh.

"Let me guess, YouTube taught you?" He asked with a smile.

"If they're going to show you how to put them in, you have to know how to take them out." I said with a small smile, making him laugh.

"That is very true," He smiled, putting his hands on my left shoulder, "Have you had any pain, discomfort, or stiffness?"

"A little." I mumbled, feeling him press on the one part that still hurt a little.

"Is it constant?" He asked, continuing to touch my shoulder.

"Um, it kind of depends," I said quietly, "Some days it hurts constantly, sometimes it doesn't hurt at all, and other day's it's just when I use it too much."

He nodded, no longer smiling, completely focused on what he was doing.

He slowly started to lift my arm, seeing how much it could rotate. 

I could easily put it straight out, but any higher made it really hurt.

Hunter tried to move my arm a little higher, but I flinched away when I felt a stabbing pain in my shoulder.

"Sorry," He apologized immediately, "Did that hurt?"

I nodded lightly as he let go of my arm, smiling again.

"Ok," He smiled, "Nothing is wrong with your shoulder; it's still healing, which is why it hurts when you move it, but once it heals a little more, you should be able to use it more. If it starts hurting, just tell one of us and we can give you aspirin, but in about a month, it should be all better or pretty close to it."

"Ok, thank you." I said with a small smile.

"Of course, sweetheart," He smiled, "Just one more thing; dad told you about the weekly check-ups, right?"

I nodded a little, not looking forward to that at all.

"How do you feel about it?" He asked.

I shrugged lightly, snapping the hair tie against my wrist again.

He glanced at my hands quickly before gently taking them into his.

"You shouldn't do that." He said gently, rubbing the red mark on my wrist with his thumb.

"Sorry." I said quietly, keeping my eyes on his hands.

"You don't have to apologize," He said calmly, "I just don't want you to hurt yourself."

I looked up at him, looking at his eyes, trying to tell if he was lying or not.

My whole life, the only thing people wanted was for me to get hurt; so much so, that they would purposefully do things to hurt me.

That's the only life I've ever known.

And now, I'm living in a mansion with my 5 brothers who I never knew about, and my father, all who claim that 13 years ago I was kidnapped by the people who I thought were my parents.

Not only that, but they also say that they're not going to hurt me.

The more I thought about it, the less I believed it.

I knew part of it was my trust issues, but come on, who would immediately believe that some random rich strangers are their family?

Yeah, not me.

"I know all of this is very new and probably confusing to you," Hunter said slowly, almost like he knew what I was thinking, "But I promise we're not lying to you. It might take a while, but we're all going to prove to you that, as long as you are here, nobody will ever hurt you. I know dad can be kind of intimidating sometimes, but he would never lay a hand on you."

The last part made me smile a little.

Even Hunter knew his father was intimidating.

"Is he not though?" Hunter asked jokingly, noticing my reaction to his previous statement.

I smiled a little more with a small nod which made him smile more.

"Can I hug you?" He asked, honestly kind of surprising me.

Nobody had ever asked me that before.

I nodded a little, making him slowly pull me into a hug, making sure not to scare me.

I think when I hugged him back, it kind of shocked him.

I felt tears come into my eyes, remembering the feeling of Jack hugging me.

He was the first, last, and only person to ever hug me.

The kids at the orphanage liked to be hugged, but they never hugged back, which didn't bother me, but I missed having someone who cared about me as much as I cared about them.

When we pulled away from the hug, he looked at me with concern.

"What's wrong?" He asked, seeing the tears in my eyes.

"Nothing, I'm sorry." I said quietly, hoping he didn't notice the way my voice cracked.

"Did I scare you?" He asked, still seeming concerned.

"No, no, it's not anything you did," I assured him, "It's just- weird."

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked gently.

"I'm ok, thank you." I said with a small smile.

He nodded slowly, still not seeming convinced.

"I hope you sleep well," He said, standing up, "If you need anything, I'm right across the hall."

"Ok, thank you," I smiled, "Good night."

"Good night, sweetheart." He smiled.

Once he left, I laid on the annoyingly comfortable bed, and rubbed my eyes.

I was exhausted.

I quickly got ready for bed, wishing I could stop overthinking everything for one minute.

After I changed my clothes, washed my face, and brushed my teeth, I shut the light off, and laid in the bed, quickly falling into a restless sleep.

Shatteredजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें