Chapter 21

TW: Jack and bullying

Enjoy 😊

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Adeline," Someone said quietly, "You need to wake up, sweetheart."

I sat up quickly, feeling my heart pounding against my chest.

Again, stupid nightmares.

"Sorry," Ace apologized, "I didn't mean to scare you; are you ok?"

"It's ok." I mumbled, not even remembering when I fell asleep.

"Dinner is going to be ready in 5 minutes." He said, gently kissing my head before leaving the room.

I quickly fixed my hair before going downstairs.

When I got to the dining room that I hadn't been in since last nights' events, everyone looked at me.

I was still too tired for this.

Silently, I went to the seat I usually sit in, everyone keeping their eyes on me.

"So, Adeline, what do you like to do?" Matt asked after a minute of silence.

I like scaring big Mafia men.

"I don't do much." I said with a small shrug.

"You like frustrating people." Elizabeth whispered under her breath.

Nobody else seemed to have heard, so I mentally rolled my eyes, and kept smiling.

"What do you guys like to do?" I asked, trying not to be awkward.

They started talking about a bunch of different video games, which soon manifested into a debate about which Mario game is the best.

I zoned out, still feeling very tired.

Soon, people brought the food out of the kitchen, and set the plates in front of each of us.

While everyone was eating, Daxton, Charlie, Noah, and all their friends, including Elizabeth, talked about video games, and other stuff that I didn't really pay attention to.

Once everyone was done eating, Elizabeth, who was sitting right across from me, spoke.

"So, Adeline, how are your friends doing?" She asked in her extremely annoying voice.

She knew I didn't have friends and decided to be a jerk about it.

"They're great, thanks for asking." I said with a smile.

"Hey, weren't you the kid that punched that other kid at school?" Elijah asked, looking at me.

I've punched a lot of kids; you need to be more specific.

"Yep." I said quietly, still smiling a little.

"Now that I think about it, you've punched a lot of kids." Daxton said.

It was true; I can't deny that.

"They kind of deserved it though." I said with a smile.

"You've punched people?" Ace asked, raising his eyebrows at me slightly.

No, we were just joking; we wanted to get your reaction.

"Yeah, she's good at it too." Noah said.

Thank goodness Mr. Thompson isn't here right now.

"Just like you're good at making people hate themselves." Elizabeth grumbled.

I mentally rolled my eyes again, hoping she would just shut up on her own.