Chapter 49

*Mason's POV*
*six o'clock*

When I walk through the door Michelle and Colton are sleeping on the sofa. Colton is laying on Michelle's stomach and she's laying along with her arm hanging off,The look so cute. I take him off her and bring him to his bed. When I come back Michelle's awake. She kisses me. "Hello,"husband!" She laughs. "Greeting wife!" I say between laughs. She smiles at me,"What you cooking me tonight?" I walk off to the kitchen before I reply. "It's a surprise." I smile as she smacks her lips. I normally don't keep any secrets from her. Or if I try I can't hide it for long. I just have to tell her,but this for some reason I just have to find it in me not to say anything until the meal is done.

*and hour later*
"Oh my god! Mason,I can't believe you made this for me." She says as she sits at the table. When she starts to eat Colton starts crying. She goes after him,but I stop her before she can get up. "I'll get him. Eat your food!" She smiles. "I don't understand what you're doing all this for." I turn as I get to Colton's room door. "You'll see. It's going to all make sense later tonight." I grab Colton and bring him to the kitchen to give him a bottle.

When he's done I set him in the walker and put on something for him to watch while Michelle eats. When she's not looking I go in the room and put roses on the floor and light some candles. I find a song to play and get it ready for later. Then I hurry back in the kitchen before she could come see what I was doing.

"Was the food good?" I ask taking Michelle's plate as she sips some wine. "No. It was great! I knew you could cook but I never thought like this." I smile at her. "I took cooking classes in 10th,and 11th grade. Before you came here." She smiles even bigger. "Wow! That's great." She goes in the living room and sits on the floor next to Colton. "Um,Michelle. Maybe you could call the nanny to take Colton for the night? I know you don't want to be away from him,but it might make the rest of tonight easier." I tell her sitting on the couch behind her. She turns,"I was actually thinking the same thing. I'll go get my phone out the room and call her." I feel my eyes opening wider. "Don't go! Here,call her on my phone." Michelle looks at me weird as she takes my phone. "What are you planning Mason James?" She says as she waits for the nanny to pick up.

She answers. "Courtney,I'm sorry to bother you but if you aren't doing anything could you take Colton for the night? If not that's ok." Michelle says. "Actually,I don't have anything planned. I'm around your house seeing my dad so I'll be there in about. Fifteen minutes?" Michelle smiles and looks at me. "Ok Courtney,that would be great. See you later."

*ten minutes later*

There's a knock on the door. "It's Courtney! I'll get it." Michelle says running toward the door. "Where's my little baby boy?!" Courtney says as she walks in. Colton smiles when he hears her voice. Courtney comes and grab a him and throws him in the air. "Be careful. He just ate." I say laughing as I give her the money for watching Colton for the night.

*five minutes later when Colton is gone*

I look at Michelle as she sits next to me on the couch. "This is the first time we've been alone in at least five months." She smiles. "I know. I'm so used to always having Colton but him not being here is kind of nice." I smile and turn on the radio in our room. I stand up as Michelle turn toward our room. "Michelle," I say putting out my hand. "Come in the room with me?" She smiles. "Of course Mason." When we walk in the room and she's sees the roses and candle,tears start rolling down her face. "Don't cry! It's ok" I say kissing her forehead. "Mason what is all this?!" I don't say anything. I just smile and get down on one knee as Michelle's crying gets harder...

*author's note*

The song doesn't exactly go with the theme of the book. But it kinda works for this chapter and this song really means a lot to me in many different ways. This song has helped me through many,many things. A lot of you guys have messaged me and also helped me through some things. And I would like to thank you for that. You know who you are,and I'm very great fun to have met some of you guys. I love you all in a special way even though I don't know any of you. 💘😘✊