- Chapter 2 -

After what seemed to be an eternity, the jet finally landed at Chicago. Matteo was even snoring loudly, which obviously didn't let Leo get an ounce sleep.

"Wake up, we landed." Leo shook his brother awake.

After getting out of the jet, the two brothers headed through the airport with their security around them, to the SUV's that were already waiting for them.

"At your service, capo." The shaken driver said as he started the car, heading towards the demanded destination. He couldn't help but look through the rear view mirror, glancing at the two man he worked for. Leonardo and Matteo Bruno. He was new to this job, but he was well warned of his boss's reputation and knew better then to commit any mistake that could cost his life.

It wasn't shorltly until they reached their destination. Chicago's police departement.

"Wait here, I don't think it's a good idea to both come." Leonardo says as Matteo reluctantly agrees.

The man enters the massive building. Everyone was busy with it's own affair, while he strodes to the place the social worker indicated, finding the woman standing in front of her office waiting for him.

"Sasha Belle, sir." She says, introducing herself to the imposing man, who looks at her nodding.

"Leonardo Bruno. I'm here to pick up the kids as you said."

"Oh yeah, of course, but..." Sasha stammered, Leonardo raising an eyebrow at her trying to figure what she was going about.

"I believe we should have a private conversation in my office, papers and other things we may discuss. Then we could head and see the kids."

Even if Leonardo was internally thrilled to see the kids, he reluctantly follows the woman to her office, where the both sat there. The man stares at the diplomas hung on the wall.

"I know this is hard to say, but I have some very unpleasant things we have to discuss for the safety of the kids."

"I'm here to pick up the kids and sign their adoption papers and other things. That's what you called me for, right?"

"Yeah, of course. But there's something else we need to talk about as you will become their new guardian. So when we arrived there, we noticed the children's state and..." Sasha stopped, noticing the man's piercing glare on her, debatting if she should continue talking or not.

"We found evidence of abuse and mistreatment by their old guardian, Maria Estello and Chris Estello."

An awkward silence settles in the room. Leonardo felt a moment of shock, as if his blood froze for a brief second before he felt it boil. His hand fisted in a deadly tight grip before he slammed it on the desk, sending chills in the social worker.

Gainong his sense, Leonardo akwardly coughs breaking the tense atmosphere before demandkng to see the kids. Sasha gets all the papers he needed to sign as the man glances briefly at the papers before getting a pen out of his coat and signing.

"Come with me sir." She stood up from her seat before the both headed towards the kids section.

"It'll be preferable to be careful to not scare the kids, please." Sasha looks at the man who nods understandably, as they both walks through a pretty much child decorated hall.

The woman stops at a door before grabbing it's handle, pushing the door gentely. Leonardo peeks his head above the social worker.

The sight of two toddlers sat peacefully on the couch, playing on the Ipad Sasha had gave them. A half sleepy Diana's head rested on her twin's shoulder, as he held the Ipad in his small hands. The two kids looked tired.