- Chapter 5 -

Luca's POV:

The car stopped in front of a huge cluster of buildings with posters and billboards here and there. The place was swarming with people, each with their shopping bags. Never was in a place like this and I kinda regret it.
We were now out of the car after Mattias helped us remove the seat belt. I felt trapped with this stuff but as Marco said:

"Safety first"

Diana was just as dazzled as me. We never had the chance to go to such a place, and it was like I was in a fairy tale. I and Diana never had the chance to see the world outside, we just sometimes heard about something or someplace like that.

"The shopping center is huge and crowded with people, so hold my hand securely or if you want, I can carry you."

I don't want him to hold my hand or carry me. I don't trust them at all. So, I ignored his question, hoping he would leave me alone. But it didn't go as I had planned. I hear a chuckle and the next second I felt my handheld in one of his big hands. My tactic did not work! His hand held my required hand, motionless. Squirming or trying to break free was useless. I was small and short and my strength was no match for the mountain of muscles that held my hand.

Will have to do it.

"Listen, little brother, I wouldn't risk losing you in this crowd, you are very precious."

Precious... I'm not a jewel. He talks like I'm some kind of jewelry or something.

Diana was clutching Mattias' hand, they were both laughing. I was surprised, Diana got used to it quickly. Now Mattias will become Diana's favorite. I AM supposed to be Diana's favorite. I've been with her since we were born, she's my half and I'm her half. No one should interfere with us.

We walked through the huge mall. Dylan was hanging out behind us, on his phone. Argh, I just wanted to know what he was doing on it, it was bugging me. I was very curious by nature, which constantly got me in trouble with Chris, it was always my skin that hurt in the end. Sometimes I could even limp so much that the pain was horrible.

I was quickly interrupted in my thoughts when I felt Marco stop, stopping me too.
Marco proposed that we separate. Diana will go with Marco, while I will go with Mattias and Dylan and we will meet at 1:00 p.m. at a restaurant.

The idea of ​​being separated from Diana frustrated me. I wanted her to always be near me. But I refrained from saying anything. Since my life with Chris, we shouldn't argue with adults and never contradict them. Chris always says that adults are right.

Mattias's POV:

All the way, Luca was quiet. He didn't pronounce a single word. In the clothes store, he didn't even choose something, all he did was nod his head every time I showed him a few clothes to try and asked him to choose what he wanted. He just did what I told him every time I asked him to try something. I understood that they were really shy and it will take time for them to trust us, but Leonardo said that we have to wait and be patient with them. When Leonardo told us that they were abused, my heart shattered into pieces at that moment. Everyone was shocked and angry at the same time. Also, they were very tiny for their age, barely 3'3 feet or something like this from my guess.

That jerk of Dylan was all the way on his phone and he didn't even help us or something like this. We were now out of the store, after buying some clothes and toys and many other things. I made sure to buy whatever he looked at. What! I want to spoil my little brother!! Maybe a little bit too much but who cares!!

I would give the entire world to my little brother and sister.

Frantically, I was the one who chose all the stuff for him, because in the end, he didn't choose anything so I did for him.