- Chapter 8 -

Third-person POV:

Simon was looking at the blanket the twins were hiding under. A few long minutes passed, with an awkward silence between the three. Simon was wondering.

What was he supposed to do?

When you had to deal with your own past, it was complicated. But when you have to deal with someone who lived the same suffering as you, it was a bit...

different and more difficult.

All that Simon wished from his heart is that his baby siblings didn't went through the same pain as him. Because, what he went through was way more worse than anybody would imagine.

Simon had just buried his horrible experiences, somewhere in the very deep of his heart. He replaced the once happy and talkative Simon with an emotionless and heartless man so he wouldn't have to suffer anymore.

And it worked.

The mental and emotional pain was gone. He just seemed to forget his excruciating past as the days pass. He felt no longer pain but instead, he felt relieved. Like a heavy weight has been removed from his heart. He learned how to bury his feelings and emotions, to feel numb and empty.

He felt way better without emotion. But it wasn't that easy at first.

Pressing and not letting your emotions out has some...huge consequences.

One day, he changed completely. It was like he locked the old himself in a pandora box.

But with the twins, everything in Simon was out. It was like the twins had opened the pandora box in him without them even knowing. The twins didn't know that they had unlocked the cage where a completely different Simon was locked in...

He felt alive with the twins.

_________________________

Before taking any step, he took a very deep breath, trying to calm himself down. He needed to be calm and gentle so that he wouldn't do something wrong.

He knew what to do. He should attract their attention so they wouldn't be scared anymore. And he knew exactly what to use.

He got up from the bed and went to his desk. He opened a drawer and pulled out a sketchbook.

He sat on the bed, beside the twins and opened the sketchbook, a pencil in his hand. He hoped that this would work. It was the only thing he had on his mind.

As the pencil travelled through the blank white page, Simon could feel some mouvements beside him. Still he didn't look around as he was too absorbed on completing his masterpiece.

On the other hand, it was getting to suffocating inside the blanket. The twins looked at each other worriedly as the man went completely silent. A few scratches were heard and the twins were getting more and more curious.

Diana lifted the blanket a bit, to secretly peek out and get some fresh air. But her curiosity only increased when she saw the good-smelling man sitting right next to them, drawing.

She was staring at him from the blanket. She was too absorbed by the mouvement of his hand, and she didn't realise that she was inconsciently crawling out the blanket toward him to even sit next to him, making a place for her little self beside that huge man. Luca tried to stop her, but it was like she was hypnotized.

For Simon, it was great. One attention earned successfully. Still, it seems that his baby brother wasn't too reassured. He didn't stopped as he just continued drawing.

Diana looked at the almost-finished masterpiece with widened eyes. Her jaw almost fall off as she traced the very thin, almost perfect lines that the man had shaped with his well-cut pencil.