Red - Killian

Red.

Hazy red-tinged fog cast the room into shadows like a horror film.

Part of an elite squad in Alpha Corps, Killian had seen action on every continent on the planet. He'd been part of missions toppling governments, rescuing entitled diplomats, and slogging through some of the most treacherous terrain known to man. Many of his missions were classified so heavily that only the President and the team involved knew the details.

Through all of that he'd kept his cool. Calm and decisive under pressure. It's why he'd risen through the ranks with ease. Needed something done quickly and quietly in a volatile situation? Send in Killian and his team. Target not cooperating? Tempers and tensions on the rise? Killian and his team would handle it.

All of that... gone.

Mitchell Parmador was a dead motherfucker.

Remember your place.

The red fog taking over his vision dissipated leaving a halo around the Omega trying to disappear into the corner of the couch. He noticed Selah had taken Abby's hands and was talking softly to her. Realizing his rage was reaching critical levels, he forced himself to concentrate.

"... can't be sure the unauthorized entry was related to the note or not." Selah said softly to his trembling Omega.

No, damnit, not his.

"Could it have been a distraction?" Abby asked just as quietly.

The tremor he could hear in her voice made him want to smash something. Clenching his fingers into fists at his side, he resisted the urges flowing through him. Torn between launching the nearest lamp into the wall or wrapping Abby up in his arms to shield her from the world, he wasn't sure which impulse was winning so he focused on just maintaining his post by the door.

"No, we don't think so -" Malcolm began.

"It's possible," Selah interrupted her mate. At his growl, she growled back, "Keeping things from the "poor little Omega" has never worked out well. She needs to know."

"We'll discuss this further at home, mate." Malcolm's growled response didn't inspire the trepidation he was hoping for if the heated light in Selah's eyes gave any indication.

Killian let his lips curl slightly. Between pregnancy hormones and her stronger Omega side, Selah and Malcolm were at least entertaining to watch.

Ignoring the simmering Alpha at her side, Selah turned back to Abby, "It's possible. I'm sure they're still looking into it, but without any evidence to directly connect them together, it's just speculation."

"Someone put a note on my door!" Abby breathed out the statement, but the fear hit Killian in the solar plexus stealing his breath.

"Yes, and for some reason, all the people - Sanctuary's director and the security staff - don't seem to be concerned enough. The note was actually found earlier today, so that's why the alarm and the note may not be connected." Turning to Malcolm, Selah continued, "But this latest note wasn't delivered through an intermediary or "found" on the grounds somewhere. It was a lot closer to her, and it's a direct threat, not just a copy of some crazy manifesto!" Selah's voice rose with each word.

The combination of pheromones from a distressed omega and a pissed off one filled the room with an acrid combination that made Killian's nose twitch. Sending his alpha instincts into overdrive, he wanted to hunt down and render limb from limb whomever put these females into distress. Alphas were biologically programmed to protect those weaker than themselves. Omegas ranked right at the top of that scale. An Omega whose scent made him want to throw away a lifetime's worth of independence? Number one on the list of needing protection. Add in a breeding omega, and the ranking scale imploded.