CHAPTER-3(Betrayal🌃)

"I don't like it when people interrupt us"...... The phone was ringing non-stop.

I looked at him and said,"Sorry  to incorrect our conversation but I have to take the call"

I then came out of his room and received the call in frustration

"What?"

"Sorry to disturb you at this hour Ms.Green but it's emergency. Tomorrow we have a big meeting with Mike group but our presentation file and documents are missing .If we don't show them those papers, they will never agree to sign the contract with us."

*******Few moment of silence...

"Call all the stuff of the management department and tell them to come to the office right now if they want to save their job"

"But mam.."

"No buts . DO IT NOW. "

I put my phone in my pocket and took a deep sigh.I went back into his room. I looked at him and said," I guess we have to talk later. I will be back soon..... Bye.....

Half and hour later,I was at the office. Surprisingly every stuff member was present.

"Well, I guess you already heard about the situation from Mr. Hight. I can only say -whats gone is gone. We can't cry over the past so lets start again. You guys did before.you guys can do it again. Remember one thing if you fail, you can count yourself out from this job and look for another. Am I clear?"

In return they just nod their head.

I turn and head for my office chambers. Now the question is who did this?! Well, I guess I have to make a call".

After the phone call I ordered few snacks for the stuff so that they can't make excuse for food.

The whole document was in my safe locker and only 2 people had the key to it...
One was me and another was......!

Did he do it? No he can't! We are working together for more then 10 years... I thought him as my friend.

Can he betray me like that?

**********************************

After a long hardworking night, the day actually comes.

Yesterdays tomorrow is todays present. Looks like I have to check out my stuff. I was getting up and suddenly I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in"

"Mam, the work is done. We did our best to make it perfect. You can Check the documents."

"Hmm. Its presentable. You can go now"

The meeting went well and we signed the deal .

Now I have only the last unfinished work.

Knock on the door Hight spoke,"Did you call me, mam?"

"Yes, you know it's been so long since we haven't gone for lunch together.Lets go today. I have already reserved seats." Although we are at the same age he always talked with me formally.

"Do you remember when we were at the starting point I always thought of quitting.BUT you always told me to keep going. Look how long journey we have gone through..."

"That's true. You always done your work with dedication and confidence"

In responce I only smiled......

After lunch we drove back to the office.

Right now Hight and I am at my office room.

"Tell me Hight, why did you choose to betray?"

"I didn't "

I throw the pictures of him using the key to take out all the documents from my safe locker."Now?"

He was silent. It was a very long silent. After that he spoke.

"Ms.Lina treated to kill my family. I had no choice but to gave her the documents.
I ask for your forgiveness"

You know what they say,"Trust takes years to build, second to break and forever to repair"

"I am sorry I broke your trust...."

"It's not about trust it's about belief.

It's a loss for me to remove a hardworking coworker like you from my company.

Here is your resignation approval papers. Just leave and never come in front of me again "

He looked at me for a few seconds . looks like he wanted to say something but he then changed his mind .He took the paper and left.

Looks like today I just lost my most trusted person and my Friend.

Sometimes, Life really shows you his harsh behavior and forces you to cope with it . Just like how I am doing right now!

Author note: Hayi guys , hope you are enjoying my book . I just want to clear few things.
1. Why did Hight call Green to inform her about the missing documents if he was the culprit?"

Ans: well, they both worked quite a long time with each other . So Hight felt guilty for his work and that's why he chose to take the risk and tell her about the documents.

2.why do she treat her stuff badly?

Ans: Well , I don't know if you noticed it or not but she also thought enough to buy foods and coffees for her staff members for returning their favor.
Maybe thats her way of saying thanks.

3.who is Ms.Lina?
Ans: You can find her in chapter 2

We will find more about her personality later 😉

#pictures from Pinterest 🖤