eleven

It was a bad idea to close the curtains anyway. So Hope opens them again and sits on the windowsill. Someone made the house smell of heroin. Fresh air is a good idea. Hope got up from the windowsill and decided to take a walk, but as soon as she opened the door, she saw Kol with a cigarette in his mouth.

"Disappointed?" Kol asks at Hope's back as she sits back down on the windowsill.

"How?" Interested in Hope

" Well, your uncle is some kind of drug addict, and the family doesn't care. Has he fallen in the eyes?" Kol chuckled sadly, pulling a cigarette out of his mouth.

"You didn't fall," indignant at Kol's words, Hope looked at him, "it's just... it was just too unexpected."

"You can try," Kol moves Hope's legs to sit on the windowsill next to him, and holds out a cigarette, "just don't tell anyone."

At first, Hope looked at Kol in surprise, and then slowly took a cigarette.

"All normal people have grown-ups talking about the dangers of drugs, and we," she chuckles cheerfully, looking at her cigarette, "we are a crazy vampire family."

Hope carefully lifts the cigarette to her mouth and takes a puff too deep for a newbie. Under Kol's laughter, Hope coughs heavily, handing over the cigarette.

"You know, I thought some guy would teach you how to smoke and then I'd kill him soon," Kol admitted, taking a puff.

Hope listened briefly, trying to figure out where she was. Kol, seeing her condition, chuckled.

"It was the same for me the first time. You'll get used to it in a few minutes."

"Now I understand why sometimes you are in a relaxed state," she laughed strangely.

Kol also laughed.

"It's kind of a weird feeling," Hope admitted, "feeling somewhere between 'terrible, I'm about to die' and 'just awesome'."

And now they both, like real crazy, laughed. They laughed so hard that a cigarette fell out of Kol's hands. And fell right on the first floor window, which was open. Kol looked at Hope, showing that they were in big trouble. And they could not think of anything better than to escape from the crime scene. But they, of course, did not take into account the fact that half of the house could burn down.

"Won't anything happen to the house?" Hope asked worriedly.

"How can you worry about anything under such a state?" Kol was surprised, "that is, for me it's already normal, I'm used to it, but you..."

"I don't know," Hope shrugged, kicking the stones on the pavement, "won't there be a fire there?" she looked back at the house.

"No, no, no, no again," Kol insisted, dragging Hope somewhere else.

"I want..." Hope thought, "I don't know what I want."

"Just don't imitate Gilbert here," Kol snorted.

"What didn't you like about Gilbert?" she chuckled.

"Because her little brother killed me."

Hope gasped in surprise as she recalled the incident.

"Tell me that you don't like Salvatore," Hope chuckled.

"Are you saying that you like someone from Salvatore?" Kol snorted, "Probably the Ripper? But know there's no place for you in their love triangle," he jabbed a finger at Hope.

"Who said I had a crush on Salvatore?" she wondered, "I've seen them four or five times in my entire life. But they're kind of... normal. Just like us. Ready to stand up for each other."

"So senior Salvatore, then?" Kol grinned.

"The last time I saw him, I was ten years old!" she was indignant, "maybe there was sympathy. Childish. Nothing more."

***

Kol and Hope returned home around eleven, with ice cream in their hands, joyful, because the heroin had not yet come out. And the house was not in the best condition... There the firemen finished extinguishing the kitchen. There, Freya is talking to some regular fireman. Apparently, he uses suggestion. But Freya turns her head and sees the two responsible for the fire. Due to the magic cast by Freya, Kol and Hope were unable to move.

"What have you done?" Freya asked angrily, still not removing the spell.

"We're by accident, Freya, honestly," blinking her baby eyes, Hope looked sweetly at Freya.

Freya eyed Hope suspiciously, approached her, and sniffed the air.

"Did you give her drugs?" Freya hit Kol on the shoulder. Strong, by the way.

"Can you reverse the spell?" Kol whispered, turning his head to Hope. And with all his appearance showing that he does not care about the presence of Freya.

"I'm trying," Hope said just as quietly.

"You're kidding me," Freya groaned as he approached Hope and checked the pupils of her eyes.

"Let's just stop my physical and put that fucking spell away because the city's sheriff is coming from behind," removing Freya's hands, Hope nodded back.