Chapter Fifteen

The Russian Empire was in constant pain. Stupid, stupid. He thought to himself. If he had just run faster, maybe he could have gotten away. But he knew there was no outrunning the Ottoman Empire. He was screwed. Perhaps he should have just given up at the start and let himself be captured so his knee wouldn't be shattered.

OE had finally found Belgium, and the leaders of the Purple Alliance were gathered around RE's cage, listening for what the mind reader said.

If you tell them what I'm thinking, I will shove a root so far down your throat, you won't be able to go to the bathroom for a week. RE angrily thought at Belgium, who looked back at BE nervously.

"Is he threatening you?" The British Empire glared at RE, who looked away innocently. "He's in no position to do so."

That seemed to calm Belgium down, for he told them everything. "RE told AE what you were planning the first day you sent him to spy. They came up with the plan to be invisible in different corners of the room to not accidently hit each other, and then attack you guys. Then he went back with you, only for him to be figured out. He was planning to meet the Gold Alliance outside the castle to tell them everything he knew. After that, they would come up with a new plan together based off of what info RE gained from spying."

RE sighed at the fact that they now knew everything, but he was secretly glad that they didn't come up with a plan beforehand that Belgium would know about. He hoped that AE, PE and REC would get away from their meeting point in time before the Purple Alliance went to find them.

"Now what do we do with him?" FE asked.

SE narrowed his eyes at RE. "We'll discuss that away from him. Let's go."

The Russian Empire waited until everyone had left before he leaned back in relief. He was worried that they would torture him or something for betraying them. Perhaps they thought that breaking his knee was enough.

He hoped he would be rescued soon, preferably before his enemies figured out what to do with him. Either that, or he would have to save himself.

The Austrian Empire had finally found help. He, REC and PE couldn't infiltrate an entire castle by themselves. So they needed more allies.

REC had gone to Bulgaria, in hopes that he could teleport him into the castle. PE had found Serbia, who would hopefully feel obligated to help his friend, RE. AE had to find out where GE and A-H had gone in the years that passed.

He knocked on the door to their old house. A-H and GE hadn't been there in a while, but AE had a bit of hope. It was the only lead he had. The door creaked open, letting him inside.

The place held so many memories. He remembered seeing A-H use his powers for the first time here. Or that one time when he made cookies with Prussia. It used to be their safe place. Until the second death in AE's life. After that, he never came back.

A-H and GE had lived there for a while, but then did the same as AE, and left a year ago. AE didn't know where they went, only that they used to be here. Maybe there would be a clue.

He wandered the empty halls, everything stripped of belongings. They must have taken their stuff with them. But there was one thing they left. A painting.

AE remembered that his child loved to paint, despite being blind. And A-H was quite good at it. They liked to use bright colours, and had a very messy art style. But they were beautiful.

This painting in particular was of a sunset on an ocean, with two figures sitting on a cliff's edge. One was black, red and white, the other was green, red and white. Beside them, in the corner, was a cabin. In the messy blue waters, there were several long black shapes coming out of the water. AE recognized them as spikes. And he knew the area.

That was Prussia's favourite spot to fly in. He used to say that he liked dodging the spires of rock. But the cabin hadn't been there before. This must have been where A-H and GE had moved.

So AE left the old house, and went to find the only two countries he loved that weren't dead. 

(769 Words)

I forgot to do this earlier but THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K+ READS!!! YOU GUYS ARE REALLY AWESOME!!!!!!