Chapter 5

"It wasn't a choice it was something I knew I had to do because the moment I heard his heartbeat I knew I had a duty to protect him at all cost and this may sound cruel to you but my love I had for you could never compare to the love I already had...

"It wasn't a choice it was something I knew I had to do because the moment I heard his heartbeat I knew I had a duty to protect him at all cost and this may sound cruel to you but my love I had for you could never compare to the love I already had for him." She says and I have nothing to say, my mind just keeps repeating every word she said. She got to hear his heartbeat, she got to see him first, she got to see him grow up. She got to see everything while I was here suffering her, now that hurts more than her faking her death. The fact that she excluded me from all of it.

I look at her, she looks straight into my eyes, all I can see is pity in her eyes, I don't want her fucking pity I want her to feel this pain I've felt, this heaviness on my chest, this uneasy feeling that never goes away. "I understand" is all I say as I quickly stand up and leave not looking back at her. I go downstairs and I see Arianna and Dom talking in the living room, she stands up but I keep walking straight into the hall until I reach my office. I lock myself in here and grab a glass of scotch, I go sit down and I feel my head ponding. There is a knock "Luca it's me" Dom says and I just ignore it. I don't want to talk right now, I just want a moment to think.

I stayed in there for a couple hours it's already 8 pm, I missed dinner, I bet Arianna wasn't happy about that. I've never missed a dinner, it's kind of our thing, I always try to make it home before 6 to eat with her. As I'm coming out of the hall I hear voices in the kitchen. "Andiamo signora , mangia qualcosa che sei troppo magro, sei ancora troppo cattivo per mangiare?" (Come on, mrs. , eat something you're too thin, are you still too bad to eat?) I hear Carmella say and I hide behind the wall and I don't even have to look at who she is talking to. Her laugh gives her away, the laugh I never thought I would've heard again and yet here she is in my kitchen room. "I'm okay thank you for worrying but I came down here because I wanted to ask if by any chance you had some sleeping pills" Victoria says and I frown at the thought that she's back on them.

"I have some in my office" I say coming in and she turns to look at me. I nod for her to come and she follows behind me. I go to my desk and open the second drawer and pull out the container and hand her 2 pills. She grabs a glass of water and drinks them. "Why did you go back on them if you don't mind me asking?" I tell her and she looks down at the glass of water thinking of her response. "I've had nightmares ever since the kidnap and I don't want to scare Tony so I just drink them to help" she says and looks up at me as I feel my heart sink at the thought that those men still hunt her. "Goodnight Luca" she says and turns around and leaves me here. I sit down and my mind starts thinking of what they could've done to her that now she can't even have peace in her sleep.

I walk upstairs to my room and Arianna is already asleep. I take off my suit jacket and just throw it on the chair next to the door to the sitting area outside our room. I pull out a cigarette from my pant pocket and light it. I wish I could hate Victoria for everything but all I can think of is how fucking beautiful she is. She has shorter hair, she's still skinny but she looks more healthy than before, her beautiful hazel eyes are still the same, one thing that has changed the most and that actually hurts me is that she's happy. Don't get me wrong I love that she is happy but she is happy without me. She's happy with who ever gave her the ring she carries on her finger, she's happy with my kid.