Chapter 29

I come home, well a lot has changed this past month, I got divorced which cost me a lot more so because Arianna didn't want to, she looked scary, to be honest

I come home, well a lot has changed this past month, I got divorced which cost me a lot more so because Arianna didn't want to, she looked scary, to be honest. She was going crazy after I told her about the divorce. Thankfully Marco came for her and took her away to Mexico far away from my family.

I moved to this house I built for me and Victoria after I knew she was the one, I wanted to build us this house

I moved to this house I built for me and Victoria after I knew she was the one, I wanted to build us this house. I remember her telling me once "I want a house with lots of grass and trees and space for my kids to play around" she said and I laughed "Kids?" I said and she looks at me with a beautiful smile her face lighting up by the sun coming in from the window. She looks so beautiful. "Yes, kids. And I want a pool and I was a beautiful kitchen even though I don't cook but I'd probably know by then since I'll learn for my kids. But above all, I want to feel at peace and safe to call it my home" she says finishing off her fantasy.

After that talk, I built this house on everything she listed and I put a few of my own ideas. Like adding her favorite flowers around the house. I had planned on telling her when it was finished being built but by the time it finished she had faked her death I even thought about selling it but I could never actually go through with it.

I come in to see a tried looking Tony watching Tv in the living room with his dinosaurs teddies around him. "Hey kid, come on let's get you to bed it's late" I say as Carmella comes in.

"Oh signore, ho provato a metterlo a letto ma ha detto che avrebbe aspettato suo papa ed è così testardo che mi chiedo da chi l'abbia preso." (Oh sir i tried to put him to bed but he said he would wait for his father and he is so stubborn I wonder where he got it from) she said and looked at me. "Non preoccuparti, lo metto a letto" (Don't worry I'll put him to bed) I said and took Tony to his room.

I place him down and cover him up, he's looking at me

I place him down and cover him up, he's looking at me. "Papa can you help Mama" he says and I start to get worried. "She's been sad lately, she used to be sad when I was little and would cry in her room. I go every morning to her room just to make sure she's okay and hug her because she is sad. Lately, she doesn't let me into her room. She's always in her room and doesn't talk to me like she used to. She always wears makeup even if we are at home and she didn't use to wear that. Can you just make it better Papa, Please" what he says breaks my heart not only because he knows his mom so well to know when she is sad but because she has kept her distance because she didn't want him to see what's really going on. "Don't worry kid your mom will be okay" I say and he finally lets his eyes close and falls asleep.

I'd be a liar if I said I'm not worried about her, I've been worried about her this entire month but now knowing that something is clearly going wrong. I need to know more, I need to see her, I can't live with this uncertainty.

I go to my office where I've just been burying myself in work. Not only do I have to deal with the mafia, I have many businesses that I've let go of as time went by but in this past month I was able to do a lot.

I end up falling asleep in my office and waking up in the couch of my sitting area. I quickly go upstairs and before I take a shower I see someone messaged me.

"Hey it's Enzo, I'm taking Victoria with you she needs to hide for a bit okay?" he says, this message was sent yesterday at 11:30 pm. I'm guessing they will be here in a bit since he texted at 6 that they were on their way and it's only an hour and a half to get here. It's 7 so they'll be in like 50 minutes considering my house is on the outside of the town.

I finish showering and dress into something casual no suits or anything. You may be wondering why I'm not freaking out about him saying she needs to hide for a bit. Well if that means what I think it means is that she killed that dumb fucker and now she has to hide very carefully.

But that's just a theory I don't know for sure. I go and check on tony who is already up. "Come on kid let's get those teeth brushed, your mom is going to be here in a bit but I want you to give me some time to talk to her, okay?" I say and he nods I pick him up and he giggles. He's such a happy kid, I get it now, I get why Victoria doesn't want this life for him. He's soul is pure, and that happiness he has we all wish we had.

I go downstairs seeing the chaos that's going on. "Geo let them in, it's just Enzo and Victoria" I say on the phone and I see the car come into the driveway.

Enzo gets out of the car and comes to me. "Hey man" I say greeting him, he looks tired like he hasn't slept. "Hey we need to talk-" he gets cut off by Dom calling me. I answer and he tells me to get to the warehouse immediately.

"Hey sorry about this but we'll have to talk when I come back I have to go" I say sadly that I don't even get to see Victoria.