chapter 2

this chapter is 90% dialogue! Sorry if it's too much, but you are catching
up with an old acquaintance 
I know these first chapters suck but please hold on 
😭

"Hey, you." You closed the door and slowly walked over to him and the others. You felt a little bit tipsy from the punch and beer. You couldn't help but acknowledge that he still was cute. You understood why you had a crush on him all those years ago despite his personality. 

"You totally beat our asses at beer pong earlier", his friend and team member from earlier said. 

Steve stepped in front of his friend to get your attention back again, "I never really said hi before, sorry about that, so uhm, yeah, hi."

"...Hi."

"How are you doing? Having fun?"

"Actually-" 

Mia slammed the door open before you could reply. Her hair was dripping wet. "There you are! We're gonna play some 'Drink If'. You too, Steve!"

Billy popped up behind her. His expression turned from happy to serious. "(Y/N), come on in."

"Ah, I think I'll pass. I'm pretty tired and kind of want to head home." You said.

"But it's only 11 o'clooock!" Mia whined. "And I can't driive. Let me sober up first."

"Sober up by playing a drinking game?" You smiled at your friend.

"I'm, uh, I'm pretty sober." Steve said. "Since I'm driving I only had a couple of beers and that was a while ago now. We're almost neighbors." 

"Thank you, we both live on Loch Nora so that's-"

Billy instantly shook his head. "I think it's better if you're completely sober." 

"Since when have you ever cared about driving sober?" Steve scoffed.

"Come on (Y/N)." There was something more threatening in Billy's drunken tone. You swallowed. He had acted like this before; somewhat jealous. You couldn't really figure out why he treated you like this sometimes, he had zero rights to do so. Maybe he liked the chase, how he could get the other girls but not you. But it wasn't a chase; he'd never catch you, it was just annoying.

"No, I can walk home, honestly it's not that far."

Mia shook her head, "You're not walking home alone in the dark. Just stay a little longer and we'll fix a ride. Come on, we're celebrating graduation!" 

"Alright. But I'll stay outside another minute though, just need some more air."

Mia winked at you before she and Billy finally left. You rolled your eyes and let out a sigh. 

"What was that about?" Steve asked.

"What was what about?" You turned around to look at him and tilted your head.

"Billy, I mean."

"Isn't he always like that?"

Steve shrugged, "You're right. But for real, I'm sober and was thinking about going home myself. I'll take you home."

"That would be super sweet of you. Thanks."

"No problem." He looked at his friends and said, "See you later." 

"If... or when Mia comes looking-"

"We'll tell her." One of the boys replied.

You followed Steve to his BMW and sat down in the light car seat. "If Billy kills me, I'm blaming you." He joked as he put the keys in and turned the motor on. Hopefully this wouldn't be as awkward as you imagined.