chapter 12

The Russians separated you and Steve to interrogate you all night. You tried to give them the silence treatment but received a slap on your face from one of the two men in the room. Your hands were tied which made it impossible to defend yourself. 

"What the fuck?" You yelped. "W-- We work at the mall, I swear we-"

"How did you get in?" The man who just slapped you asked.

"... We were looking for a missed delivery, so we checked the loading dock. The fucking room turned out to be an elevator." You desperately tried to convince him. "Please, we just want to go home, there was no other way out than through the... the long hallway thing-... Where's my friend??

"Who do you work for?"

"We only work for Scoops Ahoy!" 

"Who do you work for?" 

"I-- I told you, please, just let us go home." You pleaded as innocently as you could. "Please, we don't want to have anything to do with this, please just let us go."

"You already have something to do with this."

"No, no, no, I promise I'll just... forget bout this the second you let us go, I swear."

The men looked at each other. The one who slapped you grabbed you by your arm. 

"Hey, where are we going? Hey! Let go of me!" They lead you out into another room where two other men just threw Steve to the floor. They did the same with you. "Steve!! Hey, Steve?"

No response.

You crawled on your knees to check on him. His face was swollen in red and purple colors. "... Steve? Steve?? W-What did you do to him?" You looked up to see a tall man who looked important. "What did you do?!" You yelled and he slapped you. Hard. It flung you to the ground and you whimpered in pain. The men said something in Russian before picking you up and putting you in two chairs. They tied you back to back. 

"Steve, Steve wake up. Steve?? Don't touch him!"

The man who slapped you clicked his tongue as he studied Steve's broken face. He walked over to you instead. "I think your friend need a doctor." He said with a strong accent. You stared straight into his eyes. "Good thing... we have the very best." He started laughing.

You spat in his face without a second thought and the laughter stopped. 

"You are going to regret that, little bitch." 

They all started to leave the room. "Fucking animals. Animals!" Soon it was only you and Steve in the room. Why wasn't he responding? Was he alive? What in the world was happening? This could only be a fever dream. A wild nightmare involving weird characters from your subconscious. You wanted to pinch yourself to check, but the sting from the slaps you got before said enough. God. If the slaps hurt, you could only imagine how Steve felt. How could this all have happened? You were just going to get a free sample of ice cream, not... whatever the hell this was. Oh, this? This is how you died. Yeah. Panic. This was the end.

"Help!!! Help!" You shouted. "Help!"

"Hey, would you stop yelling?"

The wave of relief that just washed over you was indescribable. "Steve! Steve. Oh my god." You breathed out. "Steve. Are-- are you okay?" ... stupid question.

"My ears are ringing and I can't really breathe, my eye feels like it's about to pop out my skull, but, you know, apart from that; I'm doing pretty good."

"Well, they're uh, bringing you a doctor."

"Is this his place of work? I love the vibe. Charming." 

You chuckled. "I know, right? Okay, do you see that table over there to your right?" 

I still like you | Steve Harrington x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara