chapter 13

"Honestly, I don't really feel anything." Steve said. You were still tied together in the chairs, resting your backs against each other. "Do you?"

"I don't think so. I feel normal."

"Yeah, I feel fine." He agreed. "It kinda feel good. I... I like it?" 

A calm sensation started tingling in your belly. You giggled as you felt your heart beat faster. "Wanna know a secret? I like it, too! I feel good."

"Morons. They messed up the drug." 

"They messed it up." You laughed and turned your head to face the wall which caused Steve's to face the ground. A calming euphoric warmth spread in your entire body. "Morons." You clenched your jaw. 

"Hey, morons!" Steve shouted and you both laughed. "Mor- Whoaa. Morons!"

"Yeah, something's wrong with us." You laughed as two of the men returned through the door. They opened up a metal box and started to pick out different scalpels and knives. You chewed your empty mouth as your heart kept on beating fast.

"Who do you work for?" The leader asked.

"Scoops." Steve said and you both chuckled. "Scoops Ahoy." He added which made you laugh even more. Such a silly name in such a silly situation. 

"How did you find us?"

"Totally by accident." Steve's answer made the doctor pick up a plier.

"Where you going with that, doc?" You asked as you tried not to giggle. 

"What is that shiny little toy?" Steve wondered as the doctor put the plier around one of his fingers. "Whoa whoa whoa! Wait, no! Wait! Wait!"

"There was a code! We heard a code!" You shouted when you heard Steve in distress. He stopped yelling which implied that the doctor and leader had stopped. Instead they walked over to you.

"What code?"

You repeated the code for him. "Blah, blah, blah. You broadcast that stupid spy shit all over town and we picked it up on our Cerebro and cracked it in a day. A day! You think you're so smart, but then a couple of kids who scoop ice cream for a living cracked your code in a day, and now people know you're here." 

"Who knows we're here, little bitch?!"

"Uh, well, Dustin knows." Steve replied. 

"Steve-"

"Yeah, Dustin Henderson."

"Steve!" 

"It is your small curly-haired friend?"

"Oh, curly-haired, great hair, small. Kind of like a 'fro. Yeah. He's long gone, you big asshole. And he's probably calling Hopper, and Hopper's calling the US cavalry. They're gonna come in here, commando-style, guns a-blazin', and kick your sorry asses back to Russia. You're gonna be two pieces of toast."

You giggled quietly and rested your head on Steve's shoulder. The euphoric feeling also seemed to boost your emotional attachment to Steve that had built up these last weeks of hanging out with him. You both snickered together. 

"Is that so?" 

"Yeah." Steve replied with sass and you both burst into laughter again. Then the alarm started going off just like it had done before. You felt Steve shrug behind you. He'd been right. The leader left. 

Soon Henderson flew into the room to pounce the doctor with an electric stick he somehow created. 

"Henderson, hey! That's crazy, I was just talking about you."