8- Call

"Okay boys!" Coach blows his whistle, "Start doing your agilities, and then we'll do drills!" His voice echos through the gym walls

Today's Friday and we're in the our last period. August and Rowan are doing high knees as I sit on the bottom bleacher pretending to write stuff on the clipboard.

"Doing good you guys." I encourage them monotonously not paying attention as I doodle on the paper on the clipboard.

"Wow look at that...that movement." I encourage some more.

"Taylor!" Coach calls from across the gym walking towards me.

"Coach!" I reciprocate.

"What are you doing?" He ask.

"I'm encouraging them." I gesture to the guys skipping across the gym.

"No offense, but you suck." He said bluntly.

"Just because you say no offense doesn't make it less offensive." I furrow my eyebrows shaking my eyes.
I don't even feel slightly insulted but this conversation is amusing, so I keep it up.

Coach shrugs, "Well you still suck."

"Nuh uh, I'm doing a great job. They started putting more dedication into those agilities when I started cheering, it's because they felt encourage."

Coach blows the whistles stopping the guys mid lunges, "How many of you guys feel encourage by Coach Taylor's 'cheering'?" He ask putting me on the spot.
I glare at Coach in betrayal, and a tiny bit of amusement.

August and Rowan are the only two who raise their hands out of the whole basketball team.

I send Coach a smug look, "See? I told you, encouraged." I gesture to my two best friends.

"Please." Coach scoff looking between me, Rowan, and August, "Smith is encouraged when I giving him a lollipop, and you have Beckham wrapped around your finger. They don't count." He rebuttals before blowing the whistle and preparing the boys for shooting drills.

"I want a lollipop." I mutter.

When practice is over I wait across the locker room for Rowan and August.

Today was a normal day, school past by quickly. I went to first period with Akari as always, spent second period alone, and the rest with August and some with Rowan. All in all today was a bore, and I just wanted to go home and watch my princess movie.