A Quest Within A Quest

____________________

The next morning, I was moved to Cabin One.

Didn't have to share with anyone. I had plenty of room for all my things as well. 

Behold! My Stuff!!

Absolutely Nothing.

I got to sit at my own dinner table, pick all my own activities, call lights out whenever I want, and not listen to anybody else. Just me, myself, and I alone in Cabin One with nothing but a narcissistic statue Zeus has of himself to keep me company.

It sucks and I hate it....

If I wanted to be all by myself, I would've just stayed in my cave!

The moment I started to feel somewhat normal, just like any other half-blood. And when I started to feel like I fit in with Cabin Eleven.

Zeus just had to have the bright idea to seperate me from the others by claiming me.

Speaking of Zeus, he left me a small message in the form of a lightning bolt that struck a message into the ground behind the Cabin.

'When my Bolt is found, do not return, Boy.'

...So I guess it's safe to assume, I'm not welcome back for some reason?

I think it may be because he's realized that I've started to question whether or not he's right with the theft of his Master Bolt. 

I mean, despite getting close to Percy and Grover for the original sole intentions of finding the Bolt then killing Percy, I've come to understand two things about them.

One: Grover is brave when it's necessary but when it isn't, he acts as if he's in the presence of Phobos and Deimos with how scared he is.

I've heard from stories how they can cause intense fear in people at a glance. Though they failed at doing it with me, and that.. cost them dearly..

Two: Percy is fiercely loyal when it comes to people he cares about, unfortunately he isn't the brightest. Much like his father. I mean he'd have trouble shoplifting from even a store that's abandoned.

And that shouldn't be possible!

Oh, and I believe I've figured out why Zeus claimed me in the first place.

I think it was mostly so he could one-up Poseidon claiming Percy.

The other campers steered clear of Percy and I as much as possible. 

It's funny, because I can think of a few other reasons to do so other than because I was claimed by Zeus. 

Cabin Eleven was also too nervous to have sword class with us after what happened with the Ares kids in the woods, and with what happened with Luke and I in the last class. Percy and I ended up having lessons alone with Luke, just the three of us.

Annabeth still taught us Greek in the mornings. I'd even, for some reason, have extra lessons without Percy despite not needing them but she always seemed distracted. 

Whenever I spoke she just always seemed to stare. It was a bit freaky. Felt like a living statue being studied without my consent.

After lessons, she would walk away muttering to herself, "Quest... Zeus.. Phosphorus.... Got to make a plan.."

I don't know what the hell is running through her head, but I do not want to find out.

I didn't sleep last night.

I just sat staring at a far wall in a corner of the Cabin all night. The only corner that didn't have the statue of Zeus just staring at it. I merely sat there with one of my knees up and my arm resting on top. My other hand was scratching at the floor with one of my blades.