There Are More Surprises Back At Camp

____________________

It took me about a day to get back to Camp Half-Blood.

Well, when I say day, I really mean about 12 hours.

When I got back, Percy, Grover, and Annabeth immediately ambushed me. Apparently, they had been waiting and Gadreel had told them about what happened.

It was funny, considering that it was Jesus that brought them here.

He relegated the 'explaining' duty to Gadreel.

Percy and Grover were just glad I was back and made it clear that they were one hundred percent confident that I'd make it back fine. Annabeth, on the other hand, spent the next rough half-hour scolding me on the many ways I could've potentially gotten hurt.

It was cute the way her brow furrowed whenever I corrected her on how I'd be fine.

The next few days were welcomingly calm.

The Fleece had been placed on the Thalia's tree and was working its magic.

Chiron was back as well.

When I told him about what happened, everything, he looked like he was about to actually cry. But instead, he just pulled me into a hug.

Which was an odd experience considering he was much taller than me and half horse...

Tyson was also here as expected, he had told me about how confused he was when we had just vanished in front of him. Percy mentioned that he'd explained what happened to him when the three of them got back.

Not the specifics obviously, just that we.. went on another quest.

He was a little disheartened that he couldn't have joined.

But after he got back here, the campers had started treating him different.

From what I'd seen so far, for the better.

Apparently, Poseidon also wants him to go down to the Cyclopes' forges for the rest of summer.

Percy had shown me this wristwatch that Tyson had made him. It turned into a bronze shield, which was honestly cool as fuck. Hammered into the bronze were pictures in Ancient Greek style, scenes from our adventure to the Sea Of Monsters.

There was Annabeth slaying a Laistrygonian dodgeball player.

Percy fighting the bronze bulls on Half-Blood Hill.

Tyson riding Rainbow toward the Princess Andromeda.

The CSS Birmingham blasting its cannons at Charybdis.

And one was of me in the air above Polyphemus with my wing shooting out to the side.

I also asked him about potentially staying over with him after summer was over. He told me that he would love that, but had to ask his mom first, which was obvious. And when he did, she agreed to it.

Grover also announced that he'd be able to spend the rest of the summer with us before resuming his quest for Pan. The Council of Cloven Elders were so impressed that he hadn't gotten himself killed on Polyphemus' Island and had cleared the way for future searchers, that they granted him a two-month furlough and a new set of reed pipes.

The only bad news?

Grover insisted on playing those pipes all afternoon long, and his musical skills hadn't improved much. He played "YMCA," and the strawberry plants started going crazy, wrapping around our feet like they were trying to strangle us.