This Is Not Your Parents' Tunnel Of Love!

____________________

The sun was sinking behind the mountains by the time we found the water park.

Judging from the sign, it once had been called 'WATERLAND', but now some of the letters were smashed out, so it just read 'WAT R A D'.

The main gate was padlocked and topped with barbed wire. Inside, huge dry waterslides and tubes and pipes curled everywhere, leading to empty pools. Old tickets and advertisements fluttered around the asphalt.

With night coming on, the place looked sad and creepy..

I like it!

"If Ares brings his girlfriend here for a date," Percy said, staring up at the barbed wire, "I'd hate to see what she looks like."

"Trust me, her looks isn't her problem. It's her personality. Kinda stereotypical, to be honest," I tell him.

Annabeth nods, "His girlfriend is very temperamental."

"You don't want to insult her looks," Grover told him.

"Who is she? Echidna?"

I chuckle at that, "No. Aphrodite."

Grover added, a little dreamily, "Goddess of love~"

"I thought she was married to somebody," Percy wondered, "Hephaestus."

I put a hand on his shoulder as if I were a parent explaining the birds and bees, "Percy, very few gods actually care about what marriages mean. Do you really think the 'Goddess of Love, Desire, and Fertility' is one of them?"

"Oh," he muttered, "..Soo how do we get in?"

"Maia!," Grover's shoes sprouted wings.

He flew over the fence, did an unintended somersault in midair, then stumbled to a landing on the opposite side. He dusted off his jeans, as if he'd planned the whole thing, "You guys coming?"

I took a few steps back before running and scaling the fence. I flip on over, just avoiding the barbed wire.

Annabeth and Percy had to climb the old-fashioned way, holding down the barbed wire for each other as they crawled over the top.

The shadows grew long as we walked through the park, checking out the attractions. There was 'Ankle Biter Island', 'Head Over Wedgie', and 'Dude, Where's My Swimsuit?'.

We found a souvenir shop that had been left open.

Merchandise still lined the shelves: snow globes, pencils, postcards, and racks of-

"Clothes," Annabeth said, "Fresh clothes."

She snatched an entire row of stuff of the racks and disappeared into the changing room. A few minutes later she came out in Waterland flower-print shorts, a big red Waterland T-shirt, and commemorative Waterland surf shoes. A Waterland backpack was slung over her shoulder, obviously stuffed with more goodies.

"What the heck," Grover shrugged.

Soon enough, all four of us were decked out like walking advertisements for the defunct theme park.

..I feel like a person-shaped billboard...

We continued searching for the Tunnel of Love.

"So Ares and Aphrodite," Percy said, "They have a thing going?"

"That's old gossip, Percy," Annabeth told him, "Three-thousand-year-old gossip."

"What about Aphrodite's husband?"