Breaking and Exiting

____________________

You ever been to St. Paul's Cathedral?

It's an architecturally stunning building located not too far from The Millennium Bridge, or the 'Wobbly Bridge'. One of the bridges that cross over the Upper Thames, which is also close to the London Bridge.

You know, the one from that nursery rhyme.

..Why am I mentioning this?

...Uh, well..

Well, for starters, we were fucking dropped off inside the Cathedral alone in the middle of the night.

We were standing in the center of a giant sun looking thing on the floor. Above us was the dome ceiling, or the Whispering Gallery, as it's called.

To our right was a table, but one of those church tables with the cloth sheet draped over it. I'm not sure if those have a specific name for them.

And to our left was the rows of seats.

The Pews..

I don't know why they're called that.

Heh, Pew Pew!

The four of us just stood in the center of the room for a moment.

Then Percy said, "Alright, I guess I'll speak first.. Where the heck are we?"

Annabeth looked around the room then up at the ceiling, at the large painted dome, "A church by the looks of it."

"St. Paul's Cathedral," I told them, "City of London, barely a few minutes away from the Thames."

"How do you know that?," Grover asked.

"Been here before."

Mainly out of curiosity... and as a 'Fuck you' to Zeus by stepping in a house of worship not for him.

Being here now, though?..

I felt off, to put it in simple terms.

Like it feels much more familiar than it should, but there's something else deep inside of me just screaming at me to leave. That I probably shouldn't be here, that the four of us should just go.

Though I can't tell if that's towards the Cathedral or towards London in general.

Annabeth was about to say something, but was interrupted by the sound of a door opening.

The four of us immediately ran and jumped over the table in the center of the room. We dropped and took cover behind it as the sound of someone entering the room got closer.

Actually, it sounds like two pairs of footsteps.

They came to a stop not too far away.

I looked over towards the others.

Percy was facing the side of the table, on one knee. His hands pressed up against it as if to balance himself.

Annabeth was couched with her back against the table. She slowly moved her hand to the hilt of her knife.

Grover just sat on the ground, back against the table, with widened eyes.

And then we heard, "I-I'm sorry, I thought I heard someone in here."

It was a guy's voice. He sounded a little bit embarrassed and as if he was talking to someone. The second pair of footsteps, most likely.

Then the reply, "Don't worry, my child."

This guy sounded much older.

Unfortunately, Grover isn't really able to help himself, "Blaa--"

Annabeth cuts him off by covering his mouth.