Chapter 3: Something wrong with mei (pt 2)

Back in 2002

Ming: [clears throat] Mei-Mei, I know this is upsetting, but we are going to get through this together.

Ming then set the supplies on the bathroom sink.

Ming: I have ibuprofen, vitamin B, a hot water bottle, and pads. Regular, overnight, scented, unscented, thin, ultrathin, ultrathin with wings...

Mei: [while Ming is talking] Uh-huh. All right. Awesome. Just leave them by the sink.

Ming: Mei-Mei. Perhaps, we should talk about why this is happening...

Mei: No! I mean, nag, it's okay.

Ming: You are a woman now, and your body starting to change.

Mei: [muffled] Mmm-hmm.

Ming: It's nothing to be embarrassed about.

Mei: Mom, please!

Ming started pulling slowly at the shower curtain.

Ming: You are now a beautiful, strong flower...

Mei: Nonononono.

Ming: ...who must protect your delicate petals, and clean them regularly

Just as Ming pulled away the shower curtain, revealing a red panda Mei, she faced towards the doorway, not noticing her daughter's transformation and instead smelling smoke with the alarm beeping.

Ghost: Ming! The porridge!

Alex: Oh crap!

Ming: [sniffs] My porridge.

Jin: [yelling]

Ming then left the restroom in a hurry to help Jin and Ghost.

Jin: Somebody call emergency!

Alex: Open a freaking window!

----------------------

Mei eventually was able to revert herself back into human but now had orange-red hair and eyebrows. When she changed into her school clothes, Mei put a tuque on her head. Both Ming and Ghost noticed this but thought that it was only because it was gonna be cold later in the day. Ming and Ghost and Alex then took Mei to her school.

Ming: I know it feels strange, Mei-Mei, but I promise, nobody will notice a thing.

Mei: Thank you for your concern, Mother. But I'l be fine.

Alex: [hands Mei some items] Well, here ya go, Mei. Lunch, extra snacks, and... [to Ming as he held a thermos] What the Heck is this?

Ghost: A Herbal Tea.

Ming: Yes, a herbal tea. For cramps. It helps relax your-

Mei: [quickly] I got it. Thank you. Bye.

Mei got out of the car and made her way to the entrance. She looked back at Ming and Ghost and gave them an unsure thumbs up. Ming looked back with concern while Alex gave Mei a quick salute, on other Ghost gives a quick wave before Ming drove off.

As Mei entered the school, everything seemed normal. Friends were with each other, talking about stuff like 4-Town. Miriam, Priya, and Abby were at a bulletin board, looking at the ads placed on there.

Girl #1: Let's go, Beavers! Let's go!

Miriam noticed Mei and went up to her.

Miriam: Hey, Mei.

Mei: [awkwardly] Hey, girlfriends. What is up?

Miriam and the others looked in confusion before joining up with Mei.