chapter 8: Good to see you again Simon

May 25th, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

A teen boy with 4-Town cosmetics walked into the boys' restroom of the SkyDome. As he was about to do his business, he saw a red door suddenly appear where the janitor's closet door used to be. The red door opened and out walked Entire Task Force and Mexican special Forces.

Ghost: We're here.

Alejandro: Pfft! This doesn't look like the future! We're in a goddarn restroom cabron!

Soap: We should ask that kid over there.

Alejandro: Excuse me, amigo. Do you know where we are?

Boy: Uh, you're in the SkyDome.

Price: No crap, Sherlock. Where exactly are we?

Boy: U-U-Uhm, Toronto.

Ghost: Thanks, kid.

Ghost and his team walked out of the boys' restroom as the boy looked on with confusion.

Ghost: Believe me now?

Soap: I'll believe you when I see it. Who knows if-

The Team saw a vast crowd below them at the baseball field. A stage had been set up with pyrotechnics set up and a huge sign that read "4-Town".

Alejandro: 4-Town? What is that?

Ghost then realized that he had been gone for a week in the Past.

Ghost: The concert. It's May 25th. It's today!

Soap: [places a hand on Soap's shoulder] Woah, woah, slow down Adler. Care to explain?

Ghost: Rather not to talk about it Soap.

Soap: okay. And you sure that you remember that girl? And that Girl doing a ritual?!?

Ghost: Yes, but if Mei is doing that now... then that means Miriam and the others are here! Let's go!

As the Squad operatives made their way down the stairs, they saw a red panda fly in from the roof of the SkyDome and poofed into a pink smoke in the middle of the crowd.

Soap: What was that?

Ghost: Mei.

Ghost rushed into the crowd as the other operatives tried to catch up.

Alejandro: Ghost, wait up Carbon!

Price: Slow down, Simon!

Ghost pushed through the crowd as he made his way to Mei and her friends.

5 minutes earlier

The SkyDome was filled with hundreds of 4-Town fans, waiting for their beloved boy band to come out and start the concert. Miriam, Priya, and Abby were there, cheering and dancing for 4-Town. Suddenly, there was a giant poof behind them and they turned around and saw Mei in an elegant landing pose.

Abby: Mei!

Miriam: Mei!

Abby: You're here!

Miriam: What are you doing here?

Mei: [breathes heavily] I couldn't do it. The panda's a part of me, and you guys are too. [looks around] Wait, where's Ghost?

Miriam: He left after he stood up for us. [sighs] Mei, you threw us under the bus.

Mei: I know and I'm sorry! I've been, like, obsessed with my mom's approval my whole life. I couldn't take losing it, but losing you guys feels even worse.

Miriam: Well, too bad. 'Cause you did.

Mei started to walk away in sadness with tears in her eyes before hearing her tomogachi beep in Miriam's pocket. Miriam groaned and took it out.