∂ινιѕιση σηє

When I awakened, I assumed it was already dawn of the next day. The natural light was shining through this beautifully colossal window. The curtains are white and clear of even the tiniest speck of dust or stain. I had to squint my eyes just not to feel too astonished by this godly treatment. 

"That's a really unnecessary setup for a hospital," I thought. 

I began to move my body now that I recognized that I was awake. Clenching my hands around the incredibly soft hospital sheets. Becoming skeptical of my location, I quickly sat up to look around. That's when I noticed a certain girl next to my bed. She flinched when I looked at her. Did I scare her by suddenly rising like that? And what's up with that crazy get-up? She looked like a maid.

"You're awake, young miss!" the girl practically cried.

I stared at her, not knowing how I should react to her. Plus, now, I was beyond confused. The room was bigger than most of the apartments I've seen in my day. Not to mention it shimmered with luxury—nothing but the finest silvers, golds, and other valuable items.

The bed! It was a queen! The biggest bed I've ever slept on was a twin. That was always better than the couch or the floor, though. Across from the bed was a cosmetic desk with a pretty mirror. On the other side of the bed was a regular desk. I suppose it was for writing. I even noted a far-off gap in the room beyond the cosmetic desk. The entrance being at least six feet wide! To the left of the entrance, behind the cosmetic desk, was a door. Maybe to a closet, but that wouldn't make sense since there was an ample brown wardrobe next to the regular desk. But in the middle, to the wall of the gap, was a lonely nightstand. Also with a mirror and a... vase of yellow roses?

As confused as I was It would be stupid of me to continue thinking I was in a hospital. The world must have gone crazy if this is how they treat poor people who got shot in the head. I might as well figure out where I am. For all I know, I could have been sent to the morgue already and this is heaven. Where ever I am, it is other worldly.

Enough thinking. 

I looked back to my original target—the girl. 

The girl dressed as a maid was shivering now. I reached out to her to try and comfort her but she only whimpered. I quickly retreated my hand and stared at her more. She backed away. She couldn't have been more than thirteen years of age. 

"Are you feeling unwell?" I ask while folding my hands on my lap.

She looked at me with even more caution and shock. She stayed like that for a while until she aggressively bowed to me. 

"I'm so sorry, miss! I'll go call Morris straight away!" With that, she burst into tears and ran out of the room. I have so many questions. For one, who the heck is Morris? 

Since the young girl left me alone with my thoughts, I had the chance to recollect the last time I was conscious. I was shot! In the head!

I was taking the regular bus to work and suddenly at the next stop, there was a man who ran onto the bus. He was this jagged bastard who wanted to take the bus hostage because he was on a getaway. I guess he decided he might as well rob us too. He pointed a gun at an old lady and that was when I stood up. There was so much that could have gone wrong in the interaction. So I stood up and told the man to leave the woman alone. He pointed his gun at me and told me to sit back down which I replied by telling him not to hurt the people and leave. He only waved his gun more before he shot me. He didn't even take a second chance before he actually shot me! I thought petty criminals like that never actually shot the people. 

All that to say, there was no way I should be alive unless I happened to be on a bus with a miracle worker. Even if I was awake now, there should be a scar or more palpably, pain. I didn't feel anything. So I have to check the scar.