∂ινιѕιση ѕιχ

It is the long-awaited day of the recognition ceremony.

My maids are in exciting buzz. They brought out the best jewelry and shoes to match the dress I picked. The beautiful celestial dress. 

They hastily bathed me five times for different effects; The first was to ensure I wouldn't get tired during the celebration. The second is to get rid of my pheromones or the scent that would drive the men toward me. The third was to prevent me from emitting any heinous odors. The fourth was to give me an actual bath. The last was to add a flowery scent to my body. 

We are proceeding to the following process: dressing me and fighting over what else to put on me. 

It was technically still my choice, so I chose a pair of earrings and a white pair of low heels. The earrings were a moon and a star made out of silver. 

It was done, and it was about time we left for travel. Morris insisted that I put on a hair clip with stars on it. I thanked him as I rushed to go outside and reach my family, who were already settling into their seats. After hugging Merila, I ran up to the carriage and was met with a hand. It was calloused under the grey gloves that covered it. Knowing the callouses were there piqued my interest. I faced the owner of the hand.

It was Sir Theo.

"Sir Theo, You're coming to the ceremony?"

He nodded his head. "I will be assigned as your personal knight soon." He smiled as he helped me onto the carriage. It made me realize my height difference against the world. 

* * *

Later arriving in Fresha, I was amazed by how pretty and lit up everything was. In a carriage of five, it was hard for my brothers not to notice. I felt Lucan staring at me casually. In comparison, Reese was cringing.

The capital was full of more life than the commoner's shopping district. It still made me a bit uncomfortable because it was too golden. 

I think the imperial palace was made entirely of gold and iron. It was too shiny.

I was helped out of the carriage by Lucan. He grabbed my waist and picked me up like a stray. He sat me down gently and supported me when I almost slipped from my heels. "Be careful," he muttered. He guided me into the palace. 

The outside of the palace had an immoderate glow to it, similar to a beacon, but the inside was that of a crystal. It shimmered in every direction. I had to close my eyes. 

As soon as the Leon family was announced to have arrived, the much-dreaded nobles' attention was now on me. They stopped their conversations to witness the real-life villainess after her suicide attempt. My nervous body began to tremble. I felt Lucan pet my arm. 

"Calm down a bit," He whispered. He guided me forward with his head up. 

I quickly regained my confidence and whispered back, "Thank you, brother." He continued to pet my arm. 

The room's eyes were no longer on me, but I could feel that their topics were. Lucan was kind enough to drag me with him to greet his subordinates and others. One of which was Duke Igor. 

As we approached him, he visibly became nervous and the room's eyes naturally drifted back to me. I curtsied to the duke. "It's nice to see you again, Duke Igor." 

His awareness faded slightly. "Yes, it's nice to see you are well, Lady Aisha." 

Those lines sounded so practiced. The only difference is that he could get the words out without stuttering now. I was starting to feel uncomfortable with this wall. I tapped my brother's arm and he released me. I immediately left to find a balcony where people couldn't see me.