∂ινιѕιση ƒσυя

"But Morris! You promised we could see them today!" I cried like the spoiled child that Aisha was supposed to be. I heard the whispers of the maids around us talking about how I haven't really changed. It made me angry but I was more focused on quickly catching up to the smooth-walking Morris.

It has been two months since I woke up in this world. Everything that was supposed to happen back then was postponed until now so I could heal. I was supposed to be in bed for two months. But just like I said, walking on those broken legs of mine helped them to get better. I mean, I cut off a whole month of healing. And I was basically better now. That's why I was so upset. Today was the day we were supposed to set the slaves free. 

But no! Mr. High and Mighty said we have to prepare for the prince's recognition ceremony. Even if I am a Duke's daughter, I don't feel like going to a ceremony just to see somebody get recognized as the next heir to our country that may go to bat crap anyway. 

Now, I could be caught and beheaded for defamation but I have my reasons. The soon-to-be crown prince is nothing short of a bad example. I know this because, over the past month, I had Morris find people who could properly teach me about this world. 

I had a normal gossip tutor that taught me of all the trends and latest news. With him, I learned that the prince is a man that is war crazy and loves blood. His name is Cassian Everand but his blood lust earned him the name of "Shade's Crow." He likes to watch his enemies suffer before they die. When he wasn't on some battlefront he was worse than the old Aisha. He would get hooked to a lady every month and harass her just to get up her dress. He gives himself the time limit of a month so as not to draw too much attention to himself. If you ask me, it just draws more attention. But in the case that somebody did have something to say about the prince's behavior, they remembered blasphemy existed.

At least Aisha was only chasing one man. Not the entire capital. 

Those are the only things that make me dislike the prince. There are more things that he does that displease me but not as much as those two. Just imagine being his wife or fiance and most of the time he's not even there or he's with other women monthly. It's disgraceful!

The prince pisses me off! 

I also had a tutor from a prestige public school. He told me about our country, Minalah. The capital is Fresha. My father is the Duke of territories, Hemliah, Kalafrah, and Morl. We reside in Morl. My father is one of the most wealthy and popular Dukes. I'm quite fortunate to be kept under his wing despite me being his worst-behaved child. 

The tutor also talked about liyets and asinas. He said that usually, a child would get both their liyets and asina by the time they are six years old. Sadly, mine only just appeared. 

It gives more reason to why everyone looked down on Aisha. 

The last person that came to my room on a daily was Countess Aldonna. She was a highly praised etiquette and formality teacher. She came every day to make sure I relearned what she had already taught me long before. Surprisingly, she was nice. She gave me a very friendly welcome as she joked every now and then about how I am the only student she has ever had to teach twice. She was a good teacher too. Instead of whipping me due to my mistakes, she said it was good enough for a starter and encouraged me to try again. Thanks to her, I mastered everything quickly. 

Weirdly, after the lessons, I still wanted to see her so I made my first friend. She's planning to introduce me to some other ladies she knew at this upcoming ceremony. 

Those were really the only three people I saw throughout this entire month. I didn't run into Ryan again nor did Lucan ever appear in front of me. Duke Igor obviously wouldn't show. I'm honestly curious on why he truly visited me the first time. Surely it couldn't have been to check up on a lady that he didn't even like.