21

Cara's POV

I woke up because of the loud thunder, as well as the wind banging outside my window. I stood up and checked the time on my phone. It's 12:45 am which means I woke up in the middle of the night. Great.

I tied my hair into ponytail and went to the room beside mine which is Luna's room. I knocked on her door for a few times, but no one is answering. Is she finally sleeping? I opened the door carefully and turned on the lights, only to find her bed without her.

"Luna?" I called, hoping she is in the bathroom, but still no answer from her.

I went downstairs, to the kitchen but no Luna was found. I checked every room we have, even outside the door, but still, no Luna found in every corner of the house.

"Cara, why are you still awake?" Dad asked

"Dad, Luna is not here."

"Of course, she is in her room-" Dad

"No, I tried to look for her in every corner of the house but she is not here. Dad. We have to find her."

"Cara, you are overreacting. Luna must be asleep in her room. I'll go check on her." Dad was about to go but I quickly held his arm to stop him

"Luna is not feeling well these past few days. She can't sleep properly as she fears that the man in her dream will take her with him."

"What are you saying, Cara? I don't understand." he said

I started crying as I can't stop myself anymore.

"She started dreaming of the guy 8 days ago. The man saw her in her dream which is weird for her. He tried to take Luna with him but she stabbed herself in order to wake herself up. But that was the start of it... Every night he would dream of the man, he is chasing her, and she is trying her best not to get caught, and escape the place. L-Luna said, it was like a maze. She doesn't know where to go. Last night, she said the man almost caught him and that scared Luna, she doesn't want to sleep after that. I told her over and over again that it was just a dream but she just cry and will tell me how scared she was. Luna would wake up covered in sweat and tears falling from her eyes. She said it felt real. She said it was real, Dad."

"Why didn't you tell me about it?" Dad asked

"She told me not tell anyone about it and I don't want to ruin her trust. She is avoiding everyone at school and been trying to be alone."

Dad sighed.

"I'm sorry. Don't tell her I told you. I am just desperate to find her. Please, Dad. Let's look for Luna." I cried

Dad hugged me tight "We will look for her. Don't cry. It'll be fine. We will find her."

He let go of the hug and hurriedly ran to his room. I went to the living room and stayed in the couch. Dad went downstairs with his clothes changed-

Someone rang the doorbell.

I hurriedly ran and opened it, only to find Luna and her wet clothes. Beside her is Felix who is also wearing wet clothes.

"Luna." I called and hugged her as tight as I can "Where did you go? We were so worried of you."

"I'm sorry." Luna said and entered the house

"Come in." I told Felix

He nodded and entered the house.

"Luna, go to your room, take a bath and change your clothes." Dad told her

Luna nodded and went upstairs.

I ran to the bathroom and took a towel, and gave it to Felix who was standing beside the door. He started wiping himself.

"I found Luna on the street. She was walking and she is completely aware of the rain. I asked her what she is doing and she said she can't sleep and feels tired. I tried to take her home but she refused a few times. She told me about what she was feeling. I just let her. And I took her here." Felix explained

"You should stay here for the night. Thank you for bringing my daughter home." Dad said and smiled

"I need to go home too. It was nice meeting you both. I hope Luna will be fine." Felix smiled and bowed to Dad, then he left the house.

After a few minutes of waiting with Dad in the living room, Luna finally came down and bowed to the both of us.

"I'm sorry." Luna

Dad stood up and hugged her tight "It's fine. What matters is, a gentleman took you home. I'm feel relieved."

"He is a nice man, Dad. You don't have to worry."

Dad smiled at me.

"Uh... I spoke to my previous friends yesterday and they asked me to go with them on a vacation trip but I refused. They said they will wait for my mind to change. Is it okay if-" Luna

"No." Dad

"Dad, she needed that. Just let her."

"No, unless you will have a good enough sleep tonight." Dad

Luna chuckled.

"And... If only Felix will go with you tomorrow." Dad

"Felix?" Luna asked

I am also confused with Dad's decision. Felix? Did Felix gain Dad's trust because he took her home?

"I just feel like I can trust him with you." Dad answered

Right. Maybe I can trust him with Luna.