38

Luna's POV

I woke up as I heard my alarm ring. I didn't get enough sleep as I was so nervous to show up at school today after what happened to Cara. I know something will happen today and I am not scared at all.

I am scared that my friends will believe what my Father said in the hospital. I don't want them to hate me or even get scared of me because Father kept repeating that I am a monster, specifically a vampire.

"Good morning." Jeongin said as he entered my room with a smile on his face

"H-Hey."

"Are you okay? You can skip today's class if you want. Besides, we are not required to study. Vampires can study anytime. We have more years to come, so don't rush and don't force yourself." he said

Jeongin knows that I have been overthinking the whole night and scared. He went to me last night and kept comforting me. We even watched movies and he told me stories just to calm me down. It helped so much.

But as soon as I woke up, I felt scared once again.

"I can't. I will feel like I am responsible for someone's death because I am running away from it."

"Exactly." he said

I sighed and massaged my head.

"You'll be fine. I am with you the whole day. Don't worry." Jeongin said

"Are they really skipping school?"

Everyone, except for Jeongin, will skip today's class because they have to take care of something. As far as I know they are looking for a place to stay again because some vampires of red shadow went here yesterday.

Felix went to red shadow only to find out that he wanted Felix back and worked for him. They knew it would come but they didn't expect it to be sooner. That's why they are trying to come up with a plan.

"Luna, get ready for school and I'll wait for you downstairs." Jeongin said and left my room

I got ready for school but I still feel scared. I went downstairs and it was only Jeongin who was here with me.

"Where is everyone?"

"They left already." Jeongin said

We left the forest and he drove to Eroponia University. I was quiet the whole ride, but just when we arrived. I saw my friends entering the school's main entrance door.

"Jeongin."

"It's okay. You'll be fine. I am with you." Jeongin said

I nodded.

We both got out of the car, and everyone was staring at me. I got stared at even in the hallway. I kept hearing words like monster, killer, shameless, stupid, etc.

As we entered the classroom, thankfully, no one was around. It was only me and Jeongin. I was about to sit down when my friends entered the room.

"Wait." Jeongin said and stopped me

"Luna, are you okay?" Jihun asked as he went towards me

"Huh?"

"We are so worried about you. You have been ignoring us for days." Soyun

I looked at Jina.

"We believe you." Jina said and gave me a smile

My tears started falling and I felt them hugging me so tight.

"I didn't do anything wrong. I swear."

"We know." Soyun said and caress my back

"Mr. Yeon kept telling everyone that you are a monster and the reason why your sister died." Jina said

"Just know that we believe you." Jihun smiled at me

_____________________

Today's class has ended, and it is time to go home. My friends invited me to eat with them but I refused because Jeongin was waiting for me, and I have to go home as soon as possible like what I promised to them.

"Can you stop the car for a moment?"

Jeongin stopped the car in front of the house.

I got out of the car and Father came out of the house at the same time. He was glaring at me, but tears were falling from my eyes. I am still in pain.

"You have the guts to go here after what you did to Cara? You even brought that vampire who is also responsible?" Dad angrily said

"We didn't do anything. We didn't kill Cara. It was the vampires of red shadow. He sent his vampires, as well as the gift that is a sign that something bad will happen."

"Jisung and Felix were there! They have the skills to help, to run fast and save Cara, but they just watched her die! They let her suffer and did nothing! They killed your own sister! They killed my daughter. Those vampires planned it!" he shouted at me

"Felix and Jisung were chained up by those vampires, causing them not to move! They would've helped if they weren't chained! Do you think they will let Cara die? They know how much I cherish Cara! Red shadows vampires did it. They are at fault for Cara's death."

"Stop with the nonsense!" he shouted once again

"Can you at least reconsider what I was telling you?! Red shadow is manipulating your mind to make you hate me and the vampires of Azeviel! Don't believe him. Please. I am begging you."

"Leave! Leave me alone! I don't need a monster!" Dad shouted repeatedly

"Let's go." Jeongin said and helped me get back in the car

What hurts me the most is that he sees me as a monster, and not as the daughter he cherished so much before.

He looks at me like I wasn't the person he took care of.

In his eyes, I am a monster who killed his own daughter.