26

Hyunjin's POV

It was supposed to be a normal day but someone attacked Kingdom of Azeviel again. My friends had to go there for some reason and checked what is happening, and we were right. Red shadow attacked the Kingdom again along with his vampires.

We don't understand why he wants the necklace so much when he clearly have an idea that Luna is with us. Is it because he knows Luna won't go with him? Or because he wants to use the necklace to control Luna?

Luna was in pain the whole day and I have no choice but to bring her home, in our home. If there is a safe place she should stay, it's with us, not with her fake family. They won't be able to protect her like we can.

What she said at the rooftop still confuse me. She can foresee future events. That means what she saw might happen. I am not even surprised that will happen since Luna is related to red shadow and anytime soon if Luna found out that she is not a real Yeon she will be in rage and look for her real family.

And she saw something related to me. It felt like I did something wrong that made her push me away. Was it me killing her?

Is there anyway for me to stop whatever might happen? I don't want her to be the own reason of her danger.

"Hyunjin" Luna called behind the door

I opened the door and she entered "What is it? You should be resting now."

She handed me the necklace and smiled "I think that's yours. I just woke up wearing that. I don't even remember-"

"It's not mine."

"Then who owns the necklace?" Luna

"Xavien. The nurse of our University. She is a vampire and she put that around your neck to protect you from the vampires who sensed you."

"Ah. I should give that back to her-" Luna

"Wear it. It's for your protection. Xavien can handle herself. Don't worry."

Luna nodded and wore the necklace around her neck "I also want to thank you for bringing me to the clinic even though we both know the pain is not curable."

"It's my responsibility."

"Still, thank you." she smiled at me and was about to leave but I closed the door with my fast skill "Why?"

"What were you talking about at the rooftop? About you betraying us? And you also said something related to me."

She looked away "That's nothing. Maybe I was daydreaming. I don't even remember."

"Luna."

"I said I don't remember." Luna rolled her eyes as she felt annoyed

"Okay. Take a rest in your room-"

"Hyunjin." she called and suddenly cut her palm in front of me which made it bleed so much "Come on. Bite it. I know you have always wanted my blood. Drink it."

"Luna. What are you doing? I am not hunting for tonight yet."

I can't control myself and started feeling weird about human blood. It is making me so thirsty that I want to drink it. I can feel myself changing but I am trying to control it. I can't. This shouldn't happen.

"Luna. Please. Leave."

"It's fine, Hyunjin. Drink it. It's fine with me. I'm not going to be hurt. I'll be fine. Don't worry about me." Luna said and went near me

I stepped back and tried so hard to look away "Leave. This is not something you should do."

"Hyunjin. You don't-" Luna stopped when the door suddenly opened

Jeongin in his vampire form running towards Luna wanting to drink the blood. I hurriedly pushed him away causing him to fall, others arrived hurriedly and stopped Jeongin from going to Luna.

"What are you doing?!" Felix shouted at her

"Felix. No. I will take care of her. Take Jeongin out of this room."

"Don't do that again." Felix angrily said to her and left the room with others

I hurriedly ripped my shirt and wrapped it around her palm that she cut. I tried my best to cover it even more just to avoid the smell of her blood.

"You are putting yourself in danger. Us too. Jeongin might get killed by the highest if he tried to drink your blood or even turn you into a vampire. Why did you do that?"

"If I am a vampire, I will be able to save my family. I will be able to save others. I will be able to protect myself, so you guys won't have to keep me hidden. I can protect you all." she said and tears started falling from her eyes

"Luna, do you think vampire can always protect others? Do you think it's easy? Why do you want to be one of us? Luna, you are lucky you are a human, and we were born as vampires, we don't have any choice and live this life."

"Please..." she whispered and cried even more

"It's not me to decide. It's not up to me. You don't know hard it is for me to just ignore what you wanted to be. But Luna... You'll soon understand. Don't worry."

"I don't understand, Hyunjin. Please. I just wanted to be strong like you guys. I want to protect myself and you guys don't have to worry about me." Luna cried

I hugged her tight "Soon, you will be one of us."