An Unexpected Girl

They say Junior Year of College is the hardest, but for Iris, it's for new beginnings.  It's never too late to live your dreams, which is precisely what Iris is hell-bent on doing. What's more, she ends up in the bed of the girl she has had a crush on for years. It seems that everything is going even better than Iris planned.

But what happens when Iris crosses paths with another girl in the most unconventional way possible?

With her life seemingly falling apart, and the realization that people are not always how you imagine them to be, Junior Year of College might be off to an unexpected start.

***

Hello All, and welcome to 'An Unexpected Girl'.

I decided to set this story in College rather than high school as a lot of Queer people do not experience the usual 'coming-of-age' stories that their heterosexual counterparts might experience in High-School. In fact, a lot of Queer people remain closeted throughout their high school experience, and it's only after this point in their lives, that they feel they are able to live as who they are more freely.

I wanted to explore this reality by writing this story, as well as the intricacies that come with being in college: living on your own for the first time, being surrounded by all sorts of people, having easier access to drugs/alcohol etc. Fair warning, this story will contain quite a bit of drug/alcohol use as it is set in college.

Being a black queer woman that goes to college at a PWI(Predominantly White Institution) I also incorporated a lot of the experiences of that into this story.

Finally, I hope you all enjoy this story!

No part of this book may be reproduced, translated, scanned, or distributed in any printed or electronic form without my permission.

All Rights Reserved.

Enjoy!

-U.