Chapter Seventeen: To Hell With It [3]

A/N: By the way, If you guys re read this, you'll notice some changes since I am gradually editing the previous chapters, though I may say I'm editing, that still won't be the final output. It can change as time goes by, I guess. Also I appreciate the people who had stick 'till now, I hope you guys will also continue to support me until the end (•ө•)♡

─────☽✴☾─────

They say people are nothing but a foolish little creatures. Despite having such powerful forces they tend to still hide in their little den or would make such ridiculous choices leading them only to their demise. Well, at least that's what had been thought to Ezryn since young.

He glimpse at the people cowardly running away from the blast of explosion. Pathetic. Look at those powerful mana wrapping around their core and body, yet here they are nothing put petty little beings running away from a mere explosion.

Ignoring them, ezryn immediately run to Luna who was on the ground wincing as she tries to stood up. Grabbing onto her arm as he help her up supporting her from stumbling. He was quite lucky enough to create a barrier even only on his back after being blown away leaving him unscratched.

While the maiden had visible bruises especially in her upper bare back, her dress was also torn in some parts. The brooch that was pinned onto her hair was there lying onto the ground, the crystal on the middle of it had a slight crack. Although, it was glowing, purple particles oozing out from the tiny crack. Ezryn picked it up using telekinesis.

Inspecting it while floating beside him, he came to a conclusion that it was an artifact. Well, it was nothing special, it was more like a lacrima use for tracking locations of whoever wore it. He also did remember seeing something similar before looping back

'The blue haired boy must've given it to her, she was also wearing it before I looped back.'

Glancing back to Luna's back, his eyes twitch to see the bruises fading rapidly. He then saw Agapius floating in mid air those red eyes and sharp dark pupils looking at him as if he was looking right through his soul, he also noticed the red oval jewel on its forehead. He remembered not seeing that even earlier at the academy. Well, it was a sacred beast after all, it can also maybe manipulate it's own body.

Changing appearance, such as it's color for he knew too well that he had white fur with pink stripes, and yet here it is appearing with a dark coated fur and bloody red eyes.

Looking back to his front, they continued to strode forward to the collapsed building, still supporting Luna as her hand was looped around his neck.

"Luna!" Yelled by a maiden with short fiery red hair.

Ezryn turned to his left, Luna did the same. There he saw three familiar people with worried expression.

Rei, Remus and Shiki, all had visible worry at their faces but sighed in relief as they saw Luna well. Ezryn advanced towards them as he handed Luna to the dark haired boy. After that, the two looked at him baffled, their faces exactly asking on who he is.

It can't be helped for it was only him who knew them. It was a given for him to know then for he's been deliberately watching Luna. Guilty as he is, but he couldn't help but to stalk the maiden. Curiosity made him do it.

A sudden screeching yell interrupted his thoughts as he then abruptly glance at his right, on the farther side of the collapsed hallows there was an unusual silhouette, some of it's edges wiggling as if it was being distorted.

Despite being dark on where the unusual silhouette stand, Ezryn can clearly see the horrifying sight. A living plant which barely took a human's appearance wiggling branches growing on it's body. The roots of its feet seemed to be attached to the ground.