4

a few hours earlier.
--
nagito looked at the candy bowl in the middle of their dinning room table.

"hajime?"

"hm?" hajime peeked away from the stove.

"can I PLEEASSEEE give kokichi some candy?"

"No, last time you gave him a sip of coffee and he almost fell out of his chair."

"but I'll only give him one—"

"....No. last time you gave angie a PIECE of candy she crashed into a wall and tenko chased you for like an hour."

"aw..okay fine. i won't."

"good."
----
he lied.

nagito walked along the halls, about to go check on his patient.
well, obviously. that was what he was supposed to do.

he turned, hearing a step behind him.

"oh hi hinata! ew, that sounds weird."

hajime looked up from his papers.

"komaeda,"

"hi." he finished.

"how's it going with rantaro?"

"He's the same as always, he's doing the best physically out of all patients, well, that's besides the ones who didn't die, but you know. how's it going with kokichi?"

"it's going well, I have to get him to eat more though. he refuses to eat if it means going into the cafeteria,"

"oh al— what's that in your pocket?"

"..huh?"

"nagito. what's in your pocket."

".............."

"nagito. what is it."

"...................I got stuff to do......"

"NAGITO KOMAEDA."

nagito bolted away from him, hajime running trailing a little behind him.

he closed the door just in time, locking it.

"are you smuggling drugs or something?" kokichi said, looking away from the window at the sorta,, scared nagito.

"...kokichi i have one question."

"what?"

"how well can you hide things?"

"...I can hide things pretty well."

"okay,"

"can you hide this?"

"ooh." kokichi said in a little surprised tone.

he shifted to his knees and reached over at the helmet that was faced down onto the floor.

he out the bag of candy in the helmet, putting it back face down on the ground and shifting it back under the bed.

"okay now,," he got out another bag. it was dumplings.

"oooooh, dumplings!" he said, getting excited.

"nagito, you better open this door or I'll get Sonia." hajime threatened, making him instantly go open the door.

"now what the hell was in your pocket?" he huffed.

nagito guiltily pulled out a bag of dumplings.

.....
.....
......
.....

"can you explain to me why the fuck you smuggled a bag of dumplings to your patient?? you couldn't just...put it in a fucking plate or something?"