Chapter 2

Present Day

"Everyone hand in your phones and take your seats, now." Ms Park said as she entered the classroom.

"Yes Ms." You and your classmates handed in your phones and found your seats for the class.

"Has any one heard from Hyeonju?" She asked the class, everyone remained silent a few of your classmates shaking their heads.

You never spoke to the girl as she hung around Gwinam and Suhyeok before. You only recently spoke to Suhyeok due to doing some projects with him but he was nicer now.

"Nobody? No one tried calling her?"

Joonyeong spoke up. "We cleaned the science lab together yesterday but I haven't seen her since."

"Okay, if any of you hear from her please let me know right away alright?" Ms Park continued.

"Yes Ms." A few of the students replied.

"Now, exams start next week, so get your acts together." Some students groaned hearing this as Ms Park got out her phone and sent a message to the class chat.

You heard Daesu's phone in front of you ding. "Yah, why didn't you silence it." Wujin told him.

"Daesu, Isak hand them in." Ms park asked. "Onjo, this is your phone from last year." She showed the phone. You shook your head slightly at your friends failed attempts.

Ms Park began her lesson and soon she asked for someone to interpret the question on the board. "Heesu?"

"I need to use the bathroom." Heesu said in a hurry. You turned your head to see she wasn't looking very well.

"Oh, okay, go," Ms Park dismissed her. "Alright then, who wants to have a go, class president?"

"Well, the truth is all of us have some sort of prejudice. We all have preconceptions about other people." Namra answered. You hummed in agreement. Namra was a smart girl who you sometimes studied with after school.

"Yes, good." Ms Park nodded. "Next, Bare-su stand up." She called on him.

The class turned their heads to look at him as he stood.

"Why are you called Bare-su? Ms Park paused.

Some of the guys snickered while Joonyeong answered her again. "It's short for Barefoot Suhyeok. Bare-su."

"He really hates wearing socks you see. So he stinks a lot." Daesu added making more of the class laugh.

"I see, okay Bare-su, what did Namra just explain?" Ms Park tested him. You allowed your eyes to drift back to the window.
"Well..." Suhyeok was trying to remember. "Whatever she said she was absolutely correct." He finished.

You rolled your eyes as some people laughed at him. How was he going to pass his exams?

"So what was her correct interpretation then?" Ms Park tested him further.

"Uh.." Suhyeok looked to Namra for help. "Huh?"

The door had been pulled open and your classmates gasps caused you to look away from the field outside to see Hyeonju stumbling into the room. She had messy hair and blood over herself.

"Ms Park.." Hyeonju managed. She then stumbled into Ms Park's arms.

"Yes Hyeonju, its me. Do you recognise me?" Ms Park asked her. "Who did this to you?"

"He did this to me.." She was able to say. "The science teacher he grabbed me and locked me up."

You frowned sharing a glance with Hyoryeong beside you.