Chapter 5

The lab room was the quietest you and your classmates had been since this bizarre morning started. Everybody was still reeling in from the shock of the days events. You were sat on the desks beside Wujin cradling your wrist gently.

Turning to look at Wujin you saw him blankly staring his shoes. You and Wujin never even really got to talk earlier. You supposed everything was forgotten and forgiven when a life crisis such as a zombie apocalypse outbreak happened.

"Is your wrist okay?" He asked.

You swallowed a dry gulp. All the adrenaline and running made you feel quite dehydrated. "I think I fractured it when the Coach fell on me." You told him with a frown.

Wujin let out a tired sigh. "How did we even end up in a zombie apocalypse?" He wondered aloud.

You remained silent thinking how you would do anything to be listening to one of Mr Lee's boring science lectures like a normal highschool student would be.

Onjo's wavering voice caught your attention as she held Isak's hand shakily. "What's wrong? Are you bitten-"

"Really, I'm not bitten!" Isak insisted nervously.

Wujin slowly stood up from the desk, you following him. "Isak?" You called out to your friend worriedly. She looked around to you, her nose starting to bleed a little.

"What's going on?" Nayeon demanded from the middle of the room. "Did you get bitten?!"

You started towards Nayeon angrily. "Nayeon I swear I will push you out the window if you don't stop only caring for yourself."

Nayeon shot you a dark look while you heard Gyeongsu's snicker in the back. Wujin grabbed hold of you quickly when Isak ran to the mirror on the side of the room. Her nose bleed was a lot heavier now.

You got free of Wujin's hold and stood near Onjo as Isak looked from Onjo to you. Her eyes were turning red. "Onjo, Y/n, no right? I'm not right?" Her eyes trembled as Onjo reached forwards for her.

You hadn't known Isak as long as Onjo did, but you loved Isak as a friend, she was always kind to you and you two clicked from the day you met.

"I'm not one of them." Isak tried to convince everyone as Onjo hugged her.

"What are you doing? Get her out of here right now!" Nayeon screamed suddenly making you jump. You gritted your teeth. One day I'll slap her, I swear.

"No. Come on, I said I'm okay." Isak cried at Nayeon. She wasn't okay, she was turning. Your eyes began watering and you felt Wujin tug you backwards away as Isak collapsed to the floor.

"Let's go." Cheongsan was struggling with Onjo but Onjo was resisting just as you were with Wujin. The same horrible cracking noise you heard from Coach Kang was heard from Isak and you realised with horror it was her bones cracking.

Isak's neck cracked violently and she slowly turned around, her movements stiff. "Stop it please!" Onjo cried.

Cheongsan had to push away Isak as Wujin's grip on both your arms tightened. He grabbed the nearby stool but Onjo cried out. "Cheongsan!"

What happened next was so sudden you didn't even have time to process it. Cheongsan had slammed Isak through the open window and Onjo had run to her holding her hands.

"Wujin!" You were struggling now. "Let me go!"

He momentarily let go of you only to firmly spin you around to face him. Wujin held his hands on both sides of your face. "Look at me." He told you.

You were crying by now hearing Onjo's cries from the window and you tried to tug Wujin's hands down so you could get to Onjo and Isak.

"Y/n. Look at me." Wujin said softly. You stopped struggling as the tears overwhelmed you and he held you closer as Onjo cried out. You allowed yourself in Wujin's embrace for only a moment before you pushed him slightly and ran to Onjo.