chapter 12

A/N: Hi readers! You're mad at me, right? No update for about a month!? I'm sorry. I lost my inspiration. =( sad but true. Affected talaga ako, e. Sobra, sobra! But I'm back and hopefully it gives you some happiness despite what paths "they've" decided to go through individually. that's what the magic of fanfics are for! Sorry if medyo nosebleed po yung story ko, kc hindi po ako marunong mag tagalog talaga. simple words lang.. i'm sure that's not even in the right grammar. blah. excuse me. my nose is bleeding just trying to write in tagalog haha.

again, enjoy!

~Ann

twitter.com/starssaved (follow!)

------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 12

Gerald stared at his phone for about a good five minutes. He thought he was imagining things. The voice he heard on the other side of the phone did not belong to Sarah. It was Miguel. But he didn't want to believe it. It couldn't have been him. Of all people, why would Miguel be answering Sarah's phone? And if so, why would she let him?

"Ge!"

He turned around and found his brother, Kenneth, waiting for him at the door. He held a basketball under one arm and his athletic bag on the other.

"Let's go! We'll be late for our game."

Gerald quickly shoved his phone back into his pocket and reached over the couch to grab his bag. He followed his brother out the door and they headed their way to the courts.

He still couldn't stop thinking about the fact that Miguel had answered her phone. So many thoughts ran through his mind as they drove through the busy streets of Manila. He wondered where they were and what they were doing. He began to question whether Sarah actually told him to stop calling or if it was just a lie. The more he thought about it, the angrier he became.

"Hoy, what's wrong with you?" Ken questioned, punching him on the shoulder.

Gerald snapped out of his thoughts and glanced at him. His facial expression suddenly softened. He didn't even realize that he had been tightening his jaw the whole time.

"You just ran a stop sign."

Gerald looked into the rear view mirror and watched as the stop sign became smaller and smaller in the reflection. He didn't even see it.

"Sorry. . . I was just -"

"You weren't paying attention," his brother cut in. "What's your problem?"

"Nothing."

Ken rolled his eyes and started digging through his athletic bag. "Right. You think I'm supposed to believe that? It's about Sarah, isn't it? She made you mad, huh?'

Gerald furrowed his eyes at his brother's questions and pressed on the breaks at the stop light.

"Not everything is about Sarah. I could be mad at something else."

"No," Ken spoke. "The only time you're ever distracted from anything is if Sarah's on your mind. I saw you calling someone earlier. You looked confused. What did she say?"

He could never get away with anything when it came to his younger brother. He knew too much. Too much for his own good.

"I guess I'd have to tell you then."

"Yeah, you have no choice," Ken nodded, pulling out his ipod and earphones from his bag.

"I tried calling Sarah to see if we were still going to hang out tonight, but when she answered. . . It wasn't her."