chapter 3

A/N: THANK YOU FOR THE FEEDBACK. I'M GLAD YOU'RE ALL LOVING IT. HERE'S A QUICK UPDATE! =)

~ AM

________________________________________________

Chapter 3

Shin watched as Sarah poked her eggs with her fork subconsciously. Everyone else at the table couldn't help but notice the same exact thing. Apparently Sarah was stuck in some other world at the moment. Shin couldn't blame her. After bumping into Gerald earlier, she knew that it was going to bother her for the rest of the day, maybe even for the rest of the weekend.

Sarah continued to stab her food as thoughts of him flooded her mind. So many unanswered questioned kept popping up one by one as the seconds passed by. She wondered why he had such a big affect on her after so long.

Yeng was growing annoyed and quickly latched onto Sarah's wrist to stop her from playing with her food.

"Sars, stop it," she demanded.

Sarah snapped out of her thoughts and looked up. "Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's fine as long as you stop torturing your poor eggs."

She sighed deeply and dropped her fork. There was no use in eating. She had already lost her appetite.

"Are you okay?" Miguel questioned from the end of the table. He was in the middle of eating a piece of his bacon.

She looked at him and nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are the eggs not good?"

"No, they're great!" she lied. They knew it she was lying. She hardly ate her food.

"Do you want me to get you anything else?" he offered as he was about to stand up from his seat.

Sara quickly waved him to sit back down. "No, it's okay. I'm just not that hungry right now."

Miguel continued to observe her expression. He could see the distance in her eyes. He knew that something was bothering her. And he knew exactly WHO that person was. It didn't look like it earlier, but Miguel saw Gerald. It was hard not to notice him. He stood out like a sore thumb. 

"Will a walk on the beach help?" he suggested.

Shin, Yeng and Gerrome all gave each other glances with mouths full of food. Apparently they weren't ready to go to the beach just yet.

"You guys can go ahead," Shin stated, chewing on her waffle.

Sarah's eyes widened. "We can wait until you guys finish," she stated.

Gerrome shook his head as he stuffed a piece of a muffin in his mouth. "No, go. I don't know how long it will take me to finish this plate of food. So just go."

"Yeng?" she questioned.

Her pixie looking friend looked up from pouring syrup all over her crepes. "I agree. Just go on without us. We'll catch up with you guys later. They just now gave me these, so it might take me a while to finish too."

Sarah sighed silently to herself and moved her eyes towards Miguel who looked happy with the result.

"Okay, then let's take that walk," Sarah stated as she picked up her plate from the table sluggishly.

"I'll get that for you," Miguel offered, picking up her plate from her hands. He turned around and headed towards the back to put their dishes away.

Sarah then shot her friends a death glare, irritated that they left her alone with him again. They did the same exact thing earlier at the elevator. It was such a childish thing to do. She had already told them that she wanted things to happen naturally between them, but they seemed to be forcing it on them. It's either that or that it's just their way of trying to make things happen naturally by letting them be alone.